55" TV Recommendations

Associate
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a 55" TV which will be used for Xbox, Movies & TV (I have a htpc so not bothered about smart stuff)

My budget is around £700 but would like a 5 year warranty.

I was looking at the 55NU8000 but are either out of stock or prices have increased.
My second choice was the Hisense 55U7A but again are either out of stock or only available from places with 1 year warranty.

cheers.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the replies, OLED's do look good with HD video but watching my brothers B8 OLED I was'nt a fan especially on bops4 the input lag was quite high.

I've ordered the 55u7a from Amazon but if I change my mind JL have the nu8000 back in stock.

Soldato
Cheers for the replies, OLED's do look good with HD video but watching my brothers B8 OLED I was'nt a fan especially on bops4 the input lag was quite high.

I've ordered the 55u7a from Amazon but if I change my mind JL have the nu8000 back in stock.
that doesn't sound right was he using Game mode?

Soldato
Nope, you need to set it manually, like most TVs they come with a lot of "image enhancing" settings turned on by default. On Game mode the LG OLEDs have very low input lag.

Soldato
Nope, you need to set it manually, like most TVs they come with a lot of "image enhancing" settings turned on by default. On Game mode the LG OLEDs have very low input lag.
this

not a clue mate, does the B8 not auto detect a console is connected? ... I thought most tv's do this.
it also depends on what your brother has tweaked that input such as a custom profile etc.

rtings say 21ms

Soldato

You can also plug the console directly into the TV instead of the AVR (if you have one) and set the HDMI port to Game console. This further reduces input lag, on top of game mode.

Back
Top Bottom