Steam Lunar New Year Sale

Soldato
No thread? I've actually got 7 games on my watch list in the sale. Probably looking to pull the trigger on the following:

• Gorogoa 55% £5.12
  • Assassin's Creed Origins 67% £16.49
  • Yakuza 0 33% £10.04
  • Sunset Overdrive 20% £11.99

Soldato
Aye, I got a notification that Wishlist items were on sale:

Beat Hazard 2: £10.86
Broforce: £2.99

I'm trying to cut down, over the Christmas period I bout over 40 games!

That said if anyone has tips for any games £3 or less :)

Soldato
I messed up!
I got Strange brigade and xcom 2 complete edition for £38.50ish with that £5 discount

however i *could* have gotten strange brigade and then with the discount yoku island express (a game i really fancy) would only have been £3.

oh well... next time! :)

Soldato
This always happens when I gravitate back to PC, mostly after I've been playing Playstation for a while, and then come back to PC and buy a new GPU, I look at my steam wishlist and see games I've played on PS4 but because they are on sale, I just buy them..!!

Still, be nice to play some titles at higher res and graphic settings I guess. Some of the games on my wish list are quite cheap now, most under £10, some big games under £15. Always thought Steam sales of late had dropped off, but maybe as I've not been keeping an eye on Steam for the past 12 months. So perfect time for me, as I'm back into PC gaming again !!

Soldato
Soldato
This always happens when I gravitate back to PC, mostly after I've been playing Playstation for a while, and then come back to PC and buy a new GPU, I look at my steam wishlist and see games I've played on PS4 but because they are on sale, I just buy them..!!

Still, be nice to play some titles at higher res and graphic settings I guess. Some of the games on my wish list are quite cheap now, most under £10, some big games under £15. Always thought Steam sales of late had dropped off, but maybe as I've not been keeping an eye on Steam for the past 12 months. So perfect time for me, as I'm back into PC gaming again !!
steam sales HAVE been guff for a while.

if i had to put my guessing hat on, i may be tempted to suggest that it is almost like there is a rival store front encouraging valve to dangle a carrot to make some extra sales.

Soldato
steam sales HAVE been guff for a while.
I think they have been pretty fair, they maybe just don't look so good these days with so many key resellers out there undercutting them.

if i had to put my guessing hat on, i may be tempted to suggest that it is almost like there is a rival store front encouraging valve to dangle a carrot to make some extra sales.
I doubt it, Steam has no rivals from a consumer point of view.

Soldato
I think they have been pretty fair, they maybe just don't look so good these days with so many key resellers out there undercutting them.
I think the steam sales have been as good as ever the last few years for those just coming into PC gaming... however in general it has been the same old titles reduced each time so for the old hands they have just been a bit stale.

I could be wrong (according to the Mrs i usually am) but this one seems to have a lot of new content heavily discounted... added to that the £5 off £30 spend is a new thing AFAIK.

I dunno..... perhaps it is just that by chance titles i am personally interested in are on sale this time, but I just feel this steam sale is a step up. (That said I still paid more for xcom 2 than i would have liked considering its age!!!)

Soldato

Yep, that's exactly the reason.

Doesn't stop people complaining every sale though that it's not like the good old days! :)

Soldato
Yep, that's exactly the reason.

Doesn't stop people complaining every sale though that it's not like the good old days! :)

except I dont think i have seen anyone complaining this sale... exactly the opposite!; (I am sure you can dig up posts somewhere of people complaining but still....... this sale IME is going down pretty well imo)

Soldato
Thanks for prompting me about this!

For a laugh, I sorted all the sale stuff in descending order of price.

I was chuffed to see all the Borderlands 2 / Pre-Sequel DLC (and the games, although I already have them - "The Handsome Collection") for a crazy discount! Picked up all the DLC for £9.58

Soldato
I'm tempted by the Warhammer TW DLC. Coming out at £34.34 after the £5 voucher for all of the DLC for both games, except Pirate Coast and the two "Gore Mode" DLCs.

Caporegime
Ever since the sale started, Hitman 2 has been always in the back of my mind to purchase but it was too expensive. But I found an offer on Fanatical which brought the Gold Edition down to £40 (or as I like to think of it, 2x Domino's pizzas). That's a bargain considering normal price is £75.

Looking forward to playing the new maps. It's funny, just a few months ago I dismissed the game after whizzing through it so quickly - only playing each map once. For the last few weeks, I've been doing each map umpteen times to bag all the challenges and things. What a turnaround.

Soldato
I have lost my mind...

Thanks to the winter sale and this one my game collection has now risen from about 360 to 430, I think I need an intervention.

I was feeling bad when I looked yesterday after I'd grown my account from 180 - 206 games over the lunar sale, but then remembered - most of these games only cost me a few quid each. Gotta love good old games that are still good fun but so old they sell for less then £1 lol

Soldato
Ever since the sale started, Hitman 2 has been always in the back of my mind to purchase but it was too expensive. But I found an offer on Fanatical which brought the Gold Edition down to £40 (or as I like to think of it, 2x Domino's pizzas). That's a bargain considering normal price is £75.

Looking forward to playing the new maps. It's funny, just a few months ago I dismissed the game after whizzing through it so quickly - only playing each map once. For the last few weeks, I've been doing each map umpteen times to bag all the challenges and things. What a turnaround.

me too, so much replayability in Hitman, those maps are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom