Associate
They really do eat some messed up stuff in China.

I think China, Japan and France have the weirdest foods - deffo top of the league when it comes to cruelty to animals too!
100% agree, they have videos eating loads of weird stuff, and hundreds of thousands of subs, cant understand it

Soldato
Well, in the wild animals are going to be eating alive too, when you see some animal rip a live fetus that is kicking it's legs as it's ripped out it's mother, it puts life in prospective.

It's only our morality that makes people think what she is doing is wrong, while it's not my cup of tea, that's her culture, so I won't judge her.

Last edited:
Soldato

Quite possibly the most bizarre animal on this planet

It has no brain
It sometimes lets other animals live inside its anus if it hasn't evolved anal teeth
If threatened it can eviscerate itself by expelling its own guts that will grow back later
It can spew toxic silly string
It eats sand
They've even evolved into headless chicken monsters
Its only true predator is a snail

They eat it in Asia though lol

Caporegime
It's only our morality that makes people think what she is doing is wrong, while it's not my cup of tea, that's her culture, so I won't judge her.

I don't have too much of an issue with the crabs tbh... IF she's biting directly into the body in one go then they're getting an instant death anyway and that's about all you can ask for re: animals.

What I don't like is when you get videos of food that is still alive but has been cut open, that's pretty messed up, have seen it with frogs, fish and squid etc..

For example this is utterly messed up, the little guy is on the plate staring at her while she eats him:

Likewise you can get "live" sashimi... eating the sashimi chunks while the fish head is still gulping for air etc...

Its actually pretty dumb too, when you have sushi in the west the stuff has been flash frozen at some point to kill off all the little parasites that you can get in fish, if you're eating it live from a fish that has just been pulled out of a tank then...

Caporegime
I don't have too much of an issue with the crabs tbh... IF she's biting directly into the body in one go then they're getting an instant death anyway and that's about all you can ask for re: animals.

What I don't like is when you get videos of food that is still alive but has been cut open, that's pretty messed up, have seen it with frogs, fish and squid etc..

For example this is utterly messed up, the little guy is on the plate staring at her while she eats him:

Likewise you can get "live" sashimi... eating the sashimi chunks while the fish head is still gulping for air etc...

Its actually pretty dumb too, when you have sushi in the west the stuff has been flash frozen at some point to kill off all the little parasites that you can get in fish, if you're eating it live from a fish that has just been pulled out of a tank then...

I don't care what it is, that's barbaric and ******* disgusting. I hope she gets all the diseases from eating live animals.

Soldato
As a meat eater, it would be hypocritical to be disgusted at how others choose to eat meat

Just saying, but animals get eaten alive very slowly regularly in the wild

It would stand to reason, that nature would provide for them a means to not feel pain or suffering the way we humans do, so the moral really is to not try and humanise the animals we eat because they are vastly different to ourselves

Caporegime
As a meat eater, it would be hypocritical to be disgusted at how others choose to eat meat

It would stand to reason, that nature would provide for them a means to not feel pain or suffering the way we humans do, so the moral really is to not try and humanise the animals we eat because they are vastly different to ourselves

I like to think that civility and evolution is what sets us apart from animals and Americans. Someone ignoring all that and eating a live animal is therefore an animal in my book.

Transmission breaker
Don
One of the original reasons behind eating live fish/animals, or having it prepared there in front of you, was to guarantee it's freshness, and that you were not getting old product.

They also don't need refrigeration to stay fresh when alive.

As such it became culturally acceptable, and even preferable in some cases.

I worked for a Korean company for a number of years and saw some very odd things!

Last edited:
Associate
Some of the videos on here recently :rolleyes:

Makes me appreciate a nice processed and fried beyond all recognition KFC.

I'm surprised the lions didn't kill it - thought they had a rep for making sure their prey was dead before tucking in and it was hyenas who were the 'disembowel while alive' types.

Back
Top Bottom