Brave Browser

Soldato
I've used it on android for a fair while, only for the adblocking side of things. Always rated it quite highly, didn't realise they have a desktop version, will have to give it a go.

Soldato
It's my main browser on my 6P. I can't find anything to match its speed. I tried Samsung Internet but for some oddball reason it slowed down my phone and made it rather warm with two adblockers enabled.

I'm a bit weary to switch desktop browsers ever since I just recently ditched for Firefox Quantum which is so fast and works well.

Soldato
Tried it over the weekend, got some good ideas but it's not for me. Certain sites won't work and even if you disable the autoplay protection videos don't tend to play.

Soldato
Tried it over the weekend,
after your comment in FF thread , thought you were a fan ? as an alternative to un-hardenable chrome (ironic ... they should call it sodium)

I had subsequently read up -
the philosophy that you can get some reumeration if you accept adverts .. revolutionary. ? https://hackernoon.com/why-i-am-finally-switching-from-chrome-to-brave-e803495b3375?gi=6346a4a2c14d

have not installed it yet though

The average mobile browser user pays as much as $23 a month in data charges to download ads and trackers — that’s $276 a year. Brave blocks ads and trackers, so you don’t pay for them.

32149323627_e3f88c8263_o_d.jpg

Soldato
On Android with it, my biggest irritation is with not being able to hold links to open in a new tab. So I ditched it.

Was I missing something in not being able to do that?

Soldato
after your comment in FF thread , thought you were a fan ? as an alternative to un-hardenable chrome (ironic ... they should call it sodium)

I had subsequently read up -
the philosophy that you can get some reumeration if you accept adverts .. revolutionary. ? https://hackernoon.com/why-i-am-finally-switching-from-chrome-to-brave-e803495b3375?gi=6346a4a2c14d

have not installed it yet though

I like the idea behind it being Chrome without Google and different enough to not be another Vivaldi, the layout and speed etc was great not too sure on the BAT system but it's something new and can see where they are trying to go with it. I liked it but I was getting fed up with videos not playing at all and testing the same sites on Chrome or FF worked fine straight away.

Soldato
Installing it and giving it a go. Mainly on the strength of the feature that allows me to give sites I visit micropayments.

I am happy to make small payments for websites. And I avoid block adverts generally because I want their business to succeed. It's the tracking I abhor.

Soldato
Aren't Brave planning to whitelist Facebook and Twitter trackers?
have you used it ?
I block twitter/facebook everywhere (including OC, threadloom too) , so would have thought users would have spotted the problem.
But, their/brave reply is a bit disingenuous, if they had not made users aware before.

Back
Top Bottom