Problem with ethernet connection on PC

Associate
I have been fed up with the poor wifi signal to my PC so decided to get a pair of TP Link powerline adapters to hopefully get a better internet access to my PC for gaming.
The adapters arrived and I got them paired up, ethernet cable to PC and voila!, it worked great. I no longer had the annoying yellow symbol on BF5 and everything was great, with the ethernet connection showing fine in Windows.
And then it suddenly disappeared and I can't get the PC to recognise the the ethernet connection to the router. I keep getting the message from network troubleshooter that there is no valid Ip configuration.
Please help!
I have googled this to kingdom come with no luck anywhere and I am at a loss as to why the connection does not work. The wifi is fine as usual, just no ethernet connection after it worked fine.

Associate
OP
I did just that and the connection has returned!
Thanks for the very quick and helpful reply.
I had repaired them but not turned them off completely. Thanks again.

Soldato
May be worth checking your adapters are on the most recent firmware as this can often bring improved stability/compatibility.

Soldato
Had some powerlines installed a few months ago. Despite my own PC being plugged directly into router, the ethernet lost connection completely a week later. I didn't know what it was so I just reset the ethernet adapter. Then two weeks later it happened again. This time I accessed the router settings with a laptop and saw that the powerline thingamajig had picked up the same IP address as my ethernet. I changed IP address to another number and it hasn't happened since. Not sure if that's the case with you. Worth a try if it happens again.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info. It has been solid since restarting the adapters and now the internet signal is solid. It is not faster, but I am not getting the variable signal strength that I had on the weak wifi. This makes a massive difference to gaming,especially BF5.
Hopefully there will be no repeat of the dropped ethernet.

Back
Top Bottom