• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£400-500 graphic card. Suggestions please

Associate
Looking to replace my gpu, i mainly use my pc to play games "rust" and the usual web browsing youtube, i dont bave a 4k monitor.
I was looking at 1070ti zotac but if there is something better in price range even better
Thx

Associate
OP
I have a zotac 1070ti but i gave it to my dad so currently my pc has no gpu. He is giving me what i paid for the zotac so im looking to replace it. I play rust 95% of the time i game. My cpu is a i7 4770k, 600 watt psu, 16gb ddr3 ram

Soldato
Caporegime
Not a lot of value in that price range really.

I would wait for the non RTX 1660TI. If rumours are true you will get 1070 performance for about ~£240.

Associate
OP
So would you say the Vega 64 is better than the 1070ti as they are both same price. I would sell the games as they dont interest me.

Associate
I'd definitely say the Sapphire V56 Pulse. Undervolted and overclocked it gets near the 1080 in some instances, a great card for £300 and you'll still get good money back for the games. Traditionally AMD cards age better than Nvidia's so it would likely last longer.

Associate
For £400-£500 I'd say a 2070. It's faster than a Vega64 and more efficient. It may not represent the apex of RTX feature-set performance but it can do ray tracing. You mention that Rust is a favourite game and Unity will apparently have RTX support soon. Rust is also a very competitive game and whilst ray tracing features that reduce framerate might seem unhelpful, it also raises a point about how ray traced global illumination might change what you can and can't see in Rust's (often very) dark areas. At worst it's an unused gimmick and at best something that improves Rust either in atmosphere or to a player's advantage.

Soldato
Not a lot of value in that price range really.

I would wait for the non RTX 1660TI. If rumours are true you will get 1070 performance for about ~£240.

I seldom suggest the waiting game for threads like this. People could wait months for nothing.

As others have said, a Vega 64 will be a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom