Life without a PC

Permabanned
I'm thinking this might be a potentially healthy break from tech, though I'm also wondering about withdrawal-like symptoms lol. Anyone here been in a similar position? If so, how'd you find it?
It's a common scenario when people move house and don't have internet yet.
Take the opportunity to go outside now the weather's nice, get some jobs done, etc.
I'd seek out the local farmer's market and get some nice food.
10 days isn't very long.

Soldato
I was mostly techless on my last holiday apart from smartphone, but all I did was check emails and Google Maps for directs etc. No forums or YouTube or anything like that. Quite riveting.

Associate
I remember years back I had to RMA a Corsair PSU, took ages, maybe a month? Ended up buying a new PSU and selling the replacement. Was in my early 20s at the time and at uni so was pretty crap sat there mid week sometimes with nothing to do.

Tragic we are so attached to computers really. I found other things to do

Associate
OP
I remember years back I had to RMA a Corsair PSU, took ages, maybe a month? Ended up buying a new PSU and selling the replacement. Was in my early 20s at the time and at uni so was pretty crap sat there mid week sometimes with nothing to do.

Tragic we are so attached to computers really. I found other things to do

That must've been painful. Though I recall I had a monitor that was constantly losing signal and became unusable while I was at uni. It took about a year to RMA that - I'd graduated and was staying with my parents again when I got a call from the man in a white van that my replacement monitor was ready. Had to make a slight delivery address adjustment of 300 miles lol. 2006-7 was primitive times. I'd obviously already got a new monitor out of my own pocket, so the replacement was a spare destined straight for eBay. Inexplicably, I don't recall being that annoyed about the whole affair.

This time I only went without a monitor for 3 days. I also got struck with the flu at exactly the same time, so other than light chores, I mostly made a dent in recorded TV programs/movies. Turns out it wasn't exactly the study in tech-deprivation and resulting self-actualisation I was perhaps hoping for lol.

Back
Top Bottom