Is there any wireless headset that can compete with Fidelio X1s?

Soldato
I have had my Fidelio X1s for a while now, they are very comfortable, open backed, and sound really good. I can wear them for hours on end with no problem.

I am considering replacing them though as I'd like to go wireless really.

Could potentially do without a mic as I could get a desk one, I don't use a mic very often, but it wouldn't be a problem if one was included with the headset.

I think I'd like to stick with open backed as I like the sound and comfort levels, I live on my own so noise is not a problem.

Are there any good recommendations within a budget of say £300?

Soldato
Probably not. At least not gaming headsets.

Though I don't know as far as high end is concerned. There are plenty of ok sets, but not really hifi.

One of the issue is that gaming headsets include almost always 7.1 / Dolby, and it's always total trash imo. A pointless feature that degrades sound quality.

Still looking for a very solid wireless headset, with microphone, battrery life, sound, build quality, ect.. and no surround or fancy stuff.

Kinda like a CoolerMaster MH752, but wireless (although sound quality would be hardly hifi, but they'll do).

Soldato
Not much of open design wireless headphones besides Sennheiser RS185.
Better forget that microphone.
What ever wireless headsets audio makers might have are likely special products for communication purposes with associated super special price tag and not made for sound quality.

One of the issue is that gaming headsets include almost always 7.1 / Dolby, and it's always total trash imo. A pointless feature that degrades sound quality.
Dolby Headphone is overall very average, but headphones being cheap trinket trash would spoil any binaural sound simulation/HRTF.

Soldato
OP
Yeah doesn't look like an amazing array of options, but you can technically get BT adaptors. Anyone tried them? That way I guess you can use whatever headphones alongside some sort of wireless tech. Reckon it would lose some quality though.

I am running my headphones through the previous V1 of the NAD D 3020.

Soldato
Besides short even in optimal conditions range, Bluetooth user more or less lossy sound encoding, so slight degradation would happen.
Though using some adapter for any standard headphones, including those Fidelios would certainly be better than going for BT headphones.

Wouldn't expect much from sound quality of Bluetooth headphones.
Closed designs and made for fashion so likely not that accurate sound.
Open design can handle some bass punch without it instantly burying details badly, but for closed design it's huge challenge.

Back
Top Bottom