Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Thanks, managed to get through. Weren't much more help apart from saying they'd email the regional manager to ask if it could be 'hurried up' and offered a £15 credit to buy a 4g dongle (not enough....)

It’ll be subject to the third party contractor clearing the construction issue and the SLA, also if it’s a simple rope job, or requires actual digging and street notices/permits etc.

Its adopted, and has been been for almost 4 years. Do you know the best way of contacting Virgin Media to find out whether they'll be covering off my road or not?

Cablemystreet is your usual route, basically the postcode checker and submit your details.

What's a good cheap'ish router that I can use with the Superhub 3 in modem mode? My WiFi is absolutely terrible!

Why a router? If you just want better wifi then buy a decent AP, run a cable to a central location in the property and mount appropriately on ceiling. If you want a router then be more specific about what you want/need.

Associate
Got the same email as above, 301gb for me. That'll be mostly the result of buying an Xbox and downloading Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War 4 from game pass. Games are massive these days.

Associate
You guys are peasants LOL my daily usage can be higher than that.

20190228-121359.jpg

Associate
Got the same email as above, 301gb for me. That'll be mostly the result of buying an Xbox and downloading Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War 4 from game pass. Games are massive these days.

Been with them two years, never had an email. Easily do 2 TiB/month just me and housemates probably quite a bit more on top.

Soldato
Are we doing e-peen points again? Unless it’s greater than theoretical bandwidth (less overheads), multiplied 24/7 then it’s not worth getting excited about surely?

Soldato
I'm debating about buying the S9 maybe... I don't know if the Wifi chip is dead in my phone or if if's something to do with Virgin.. More likely the latter! It seems fine on 4g.

If other devices don’t have an issue and only one device does, then that device would be where i’d start looking. The exception is BT’s Hub’s which required smart set-up to be disabled for Apple devices to work reliably at one stage. From memory, not a lot you can change on the VM side.

Associate
If other devices don’t have an issue and only one device does, then that device would be where i’d start looking. The exception is BT’s Hub’s which required smart set-up to be disabled for Apple devices to work reliably at one stage. From memory, not a lot you can change on the VM side.

Hmm, When it loses connection I have to go in settings and manually turn the wifi off and then on again for it to connect for however long it stays connected.

Associate
Guys from you experience if i will put superhub 3 into modem router, and use my own router can i improve ping in games?

Back
Top Bottom