Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
That corner sofa is so chavvy! :9

I posted the keyboard before, but also added the Alienware AW3418DW 34" monitor, and the Razer Deathadder elite mouse.

Interestingly with Hue you can setup an Entertainment area (those 2 Hue Blooms on the back of the desk), then use the Hue Sync app to change colours based on whatever is displayed on the monitor. You can also get the Hue app to extend this light control to Razer Chroma devices.

So at the moment the Hue lights and both Razer devices change colour based on displayed image.

do2VPL5h.jpg

To do list:

I've ordered a new monitor arm but it's on back order (Amazon equivalent of the Ergotron LX), the new monitor arm should allow me to sit the monitor back a little. The existing stand is a cheap one with no adjustments other than height.

Cabling is a bit of a mess. I need to sort this out, but it relies on me sorting out more of the desk as a whole. I need to sand the worktop as it's unfinished, then seal it with some oil.

I have approx 1.4M of Hue lightstrip that I want to attach to the back of the desk, but I think I need to sand it first as previous attempts to stick it back on have been unsuccessful.

I have an Ikea Signum that should attach under the desk, but again needs sanding I think, and then some heavy duty sticky pad things to attach it under the desk for improved cable management.

The picture on the wall needs moving but I haven't yet finalised positions of everything, so for now it will probably need to stay where it is.

Permabanned
That's one big sofa, very nice despite the corner. :p

Is that a tv behind your tv? Plus do they put substantially more sound insulation in these fancy apartments, how do you get away with those beasts of speakers without your neighbours wanting to kill you?

Yeah... soundproofing is really good.

Turned the speakers up to full on NYE and spoke to neighbour... he couldn’t hear a thing and I’ve never heard them either.

Associate
While the TV still in the box send it back and get the 65" ;)

I find when owning a 55" you always be thinking of upgrading it to a bigger TV...It Best to just buy the bigger size now

I was thinking the same but I am actually really limited on space unfortunately :(. There are only a couple of inches either side of the TV before the speakers start, the whole setup would have to encroach further into the room to work and that's not really an option. I want to get a new one next year anyway to take advantage of eARC so maybe I'll find a way to make it work by then.

Permabanned
Whats behind your TV?
Another TV

All apartments in this building came with a 55 in living room and 49 in each bedroom with the Sonos sound bars and a 4K distribution system in the AV cupboard.

I have some guys booked in a couple of weeks to move that 55 into my office & mount the OLED in its place... then I can move the amp and dac on top of the unit.

Also going to install Lutron and Control4 solution. Getting remote control blinds made up to so I can get rid of these curtains that came with the place too and block the view.

Back
Top Bottom