Help me settle a Michael Jackson debate with a friend

Soldato
No, just met a lot of people who pulled this sort of thing. I've no time for incompetent efforts at playground psychology, so harsh reactions are the simplest and quickest resort. They tend not to change either, instead finding another audience for their drama, so not worth any more effort than that.

That's true, i've met a few people like this and they never learn/change, the best thing to do it cut these kind of people out of your life, or they drag you down with their 'drama'

Soldato
Well I have, I am 100% positive he is a nonce but he didn't think he was being a nonce.
However because of how he was bought up I can understand how he acted but I can't obviously condone it.
In his head he was still a 12 year old.

with the sexual desires of an adult - you don't have to be a psychiatrist to see the problems this often causes.

Associate
I'm of the opinion that Jackson did behave inappropriately with children, but that's all it is - an opinion. I certainly wouldn't disown someone if they thought differently.

To my mind, there are just too many similar stories surfacing and I was always uneasy about the payoff for Jordi Chandler

Caporegime
I'm of the opinion that Jackson did behave inappropriately with children, but that's all it is - an opinion. I certainly wouldn't disown someone if they thought differently.

To my mind, there are just too many similar stories surfacing and I was always uneasy about the payoff for Jordi Chandler
I think a lot of us believe he acted inappropriately. But did he sexually abuse them, that's the question.

In fact I don't think there's any doubt at all what he did was totally inappropriate for a grown man.

Making no assumptions about his guilt or otherwise, it is plain to see that accusations = guilt in the minds of many. And in the case of celebrities I believe once the ball is rolling you will not be short of people willing to make false accusations.

So in that way it can be almost impossible once accused to remove the suspicion and presumed guilt in the minds of many.

Associate
The accused is dead and a dead man cannot face trial. We saw the huge Jimmy Saville horror unfold to a pointless conclusion. Fortunately there are more child abusers being brought to book now. When you think that two generations ago fathers and grandfathers sexually abused their children and family shame stopped the villains being punished.
Children's homes have been terrible places for child abuse, let's hope this has been stopped.

Caporegime
is Mcaulay Culkin lying then when he says nothing happened?

What does that have to do with anything?

Does Macaulay Culkin have to have been abused in order for all other abuse claims to be valid?

As far as I'm aware he's never made any abuse allegations and I'm not sure that anyone has claimed otherwise ergo it seems like a bit of an odd question to pose in the thread.

Soldato
OP
The accused is dead and a dead man cannot face trial. We saw the huge Jimmy Saville horror unfold to a pointless conclusion. Fortunately there are more child abusers being brought to book now. When you think that two generations ago fathers and grandfathers sexually abused their children and family shame stopped the villains being punished.
Children's homes have been terrible places for child abuse, let's hope this has been stopped.

Because if he is a paedophile people need to know because currently deified by many people.

Caporegime
The thing is it's easy to come out and accuse someone of something when they're dead and no longer able to defend themselves. This is like the #metoo campaign where you can just accuse someone with zero evidence and ruin their reputation with no repercussions to yourself, nobody will ever know what really went on behind closed doors. I would have had more respect for the parents who let children have sleepovers with him if they'd not taken the money and pushed for a prison sentence, as it stands it could have easily been the parents themselves being predatory towards his money.

At the end of the day this is only coming out now because there is a new documentary needing publicity and to create revenue at the box office.

Soldato
The thing is it's easy to come out and accuse someone of something when they're dead and no longer able to defend themselves. This is like the #metoo campaign where you can just accuse someone with zero evidence and ruin their reputation with no repercussions to yourself, nobody will ever know what really went on behind closed doors.
That's why his new gold diggers *cough* I mean accusers have come out now to make claims (despite defending him previously). It's sad that Jako won't be able to beat these claims like the previous ones* but on the other hand it's kind of good he doesn't have to go through it all again.

*he wasn't just found not guilty but his accusers were proven in court to be lying. This is something a surprising low amount of people seem to know due to him being a peado being "common knowledge" >.>

Back
Top Bottom