Old car brochures?

Soldato
Does anyone know if there's much of a market for old (10-20 years) car brochures? I was doing a tidy up the other day and found a load of them that I'd collected. Some of them are pretty interesting to flick through, but I could do with shifting them really.

Cheers.

Associate
It depends which car and the quality of the brochure - I used to sell a fair amount of them on ebay when I was at uni mainly to US buyers.

Older BMW and Mercedes ones always got the best prices - £30-40 for the hardbacked AMG/SL/M/7 Series etc. Bog standard paper ones used to sell for £10-15 for M cars.

Soldato
OP
They are all "soft cover" but in good condition. Some are pretty mundane, but others are cool; TVR, BMW Alpina (99), Z3, MG and Honda S2000 to name a few. I'll do a few page scans before I get rid of them.

Associate
They are all "soft cover" but in good condition. Some are pretty mundane, but others are cool; TVR, BMW Alpina (99), Z3, MG and Honda S2000 to name a few. I'll do a few page scans before I get rid of them.

Alpina and Z3 ones will sell for sure to the US.

Just make sure you select the correct tracked postage and send in a hard backed envelope - most of the collectors want them in A1 condition.

Associate
I have sold BMW ones in the past for about £10-15 each - probably £18-20 in todays money but they were more like 10-20 years old.
About half went to the USA. TBH it was a bit of a hassle for the amount of money due to internation postage etc.. but they were too good to bin.

Soldato
I bought a Vauxhall Omega 3.0 MV6 brochure from 1996 (the better looking model in my option) for nostalgia reasons - my dad had one.

Looking through it brought me so many happy memories of me with my family driving around the Somerset countryside, up to Birkenhead to see family or to France on holiday.

It’s probbaly a bit sad but I still look through it when I feel like it.

Think I paid like £8 or something.

Associate
I have the RS4 saloon hardback and in the box it was sent in still, nearly threw it away last week but put it in storage with all my old Motorsport magazines for another few years just in case.

Soldato
OP
How are the hardback versions acquired? In all my years of car ownership, I've only ever been able to get the standard versions, and most of those were grabbed while at the dealers.

Associate
Got mine for filling in the form for a brochure online, wasn't expecting it to be as elaborate as it was, just expected the usual A4 glossy bit of paper in the dealers.

Associate
How are the hardback versions acquired? In all my years of car ownership, I've only ever been able to get the standard versions, and most of those were grabbed while at the dealers.

Call and ask for one, or get to know the guys at the dealers :) - but hardly any of the marques now have proper paper brochures as they have pretty much moved towards pdf's etc.

Soldato
I had loads couple of years ago, including one or two special edition brochures (sample interior materials, 3d images etc), no one bid on them, ended up chucking the whole lot away which was a real shame.

Soldato

Here is some piccies! Note the factory option cb radio, and the external thermometer on a door mirror :D And Tommy Selleck buying a suit of armour!

lc.jpg
lc1.jpg
lc2.jpg
lc3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom