Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Strangely I found rigid ink to be very patchy, whereas the mega amazon and Chinese stuff always works. I get my reels for about £12/kg and have no complaints.

Soldato
Life long spectacle wearer here, I buy glasses online at a pittance of the price of the high street places. There is a very high profit markup on glasses so paying more on the high street does not mean you are getting better glasses.

Also the 2 for 1 offers are usually a con too as the "free" pair doesn't include all the lenses options so in reality it still costs you more and so is not totally free.
Also noticed the frames specsavers charged me £129 for each frame are only £30 to £80 when you look around the internet :(

Caporegime
A new small aquarium, currently cycling it ready for some Platy. Shrimp are keeping guard for now, my last lot of platy died off because of a shop selling me diseased fish so starting from scratch. Shrimp are much more hardy than I thought they'd be, both are over a year old.

jrnSIqJ.png

CnYA5dV.png

Soldato
As a life long Windows user (probably since before most of the posters on here were born), I have been moving over to Apple over the last few years. Samsung phones became Iphones, Yoga laptops became Macbooks and now the desktop has become a Mac Mini. I am under no illusion that there are pros and cons to each nor that Apple is incredibly overpriced for what it is. I can afford it and it is my choice. Apple's model is to suck you into the ecosystem and fleece you accordingly. However I like the easy seamless integration of all those devices.

I would fully expect that in 10 years I'll go full circle.

As a devout Apple "avoider" I can fully understand where you are coming from.
I used to try and get value for money and tinker to make things work how i wanted.
However now I have less time and would happily pay a bit more for things to "just work" out of the box.
Credit where it is due, from what I can tell the Apple ecosystem seems to do this pretty darn well.

That said I still only own a single Apple device and even though it is for business use, it rarely gets turned on.

I just wish that there was backup software available that was as easy to integrate in to windows and worked as well as Time machine does

Soldato
Rigid ink is the best PLA I've used.

Having said that, I've just blown through 8 reels of Surreal PLA (search Amazon) and if the consistency is maintained, then I can see me switching, esp as its almost half the price of rigid ink. Surreal's PETG is pretty good too!
Thanks, I'll have to check out the Surreal PLA next time I need some "messing about and prototyping" filament that prints well!

Soldato
Picked up a new Acer Predator Helios 500 for the Division 2 launch:

DSC-0214.jpg

Shiney!

DSC-0217.jpg

Soldato
@Raymond Lin A while back you posted about a Mac Book Pro leather cover. Do you happen to remember the brand and where you bought it from? There's loads of Amazon but I don't trust half the products or reviews on Amazon these days. I'm after a cover gor my late 2013 model.

Caporegime
@Raymond Lin A while back you posted about a Mac Book Pro leather cover. Do you happen to remember the brand and where you bought it from? There's loads of Amazon but I don't trust half the products or reviews on Amazon these days. I'm after a cover gor my late 2013 model.

Mine is a 2018 model below, not sure if they make one for 2013 but worth a shot. Or I still have it on.

Macbook Pro 13 inch Case, Icarer...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0769K6X8J?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Back
Top Bottom