so just went for a new job

Permabanned
I'm normally a hotel chef .. but went for a look at a miller carter steakhouse..
ffs it's a McDonalds basically pictures on the walls everything in packets ..
a computer tells you when to put the steak on and when to turn it ..
worst thing .. all 19-23 yr old chavs who in a real kitchen would not know there arse from there elbow .
i said to one ..do you know how to make a sauce .. why m8 it comes in a package (dumb look on his face)
this is a place that charge £6 for a wedge of lettuce with a bit of sauce and bacon bit's .. then £30-£60 for a steak .. ffs whats the world coming to ..
yeah lasted about 30 mins taking the **** out of a few .. finally just said this isn't for me and walked

Soldato
Miller and carter or certainly the one near me serve pretty poor food and the service is horrendous.

I think you actually are better of at mc donalds rather than going in there

Man of Honour
Sorry it wasn't what you thought it would be. On the positive side at least you know your mind and what you are looking for. You've got real skills rather than just loading a machine. Good luck in your hunt.

Associate
Sorry it wasn't what you thought it would be. On the positive side at least you know your mind and what you are looking for. You've got real skills rather than just loading a machine. Good luck in your hunt.
At least with spoons when you're paying 4.99 for a burger and a drink, you know what you're getting!

Soldato
Robotic kitchens are the future tbh. Perfect food each and every time for very little labour cost.
Without a doubt. I've been to the M & C in Stratford a couple of times now, steak has always been perfect, which is more than I can say for some of the supposedly 'better' places I've been.
I'd rather it was cooked perfectly by a computer than badly by a human 'chef'

Man of Honour
"perfect food" is debatable lol.

I like to see my food being cooked! A bunch of places down here that have open kitchens, my local lunch joint is Feed, and the look on the chef's face as a regular walks in is great. Good quality hand made food at a reasonable price is becoming a rarity these days.

Caporegime
"perfect food" is debatable lol.

I like to see my food being cooked! A bunch of places down here that have open kitchens, my local lunch joint is Feed, and the look on the chef's face as a regular walks in is great. Good quality hand made food at a reasonable price is becoming a rarity these days.

Totally agree. It's really frustrating.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Reminds me of Restaurant Impossible.... probably one of my favourite TV shows, if you haven't seen it check it out!

The amount of times they have a restaurant serving frozen/ready food is a joke... and Rob Irvine (who is a BOSS) rips them a new you know what.

Permabanned
OP
Without a doubt. I've been to the M & C in Stratford a couple of times now, steak has always been perfect, which is more than I can say for some of the supposedly 'better' places I've been.
I'd rather it was cooked perfectly by a computer than badly by a human 'chef'
well if your happy paying £20-30 for a £6 piece of steak that's great ..

Back
Top Bottom