The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
How are your frames after switching to DX11? I thought DX12 gave you much better performance?

Here are my results with DX11 and DX12 enabled.

DX11

9IAqDTf.png

DX12 enabled

t7m0OQ1.png

You can see I gained some more FPS also got more usage from my GPU and CPU, old system and frame rate cap is at 60. Game ran better and I had no issues at all

Associate
@superleeds27 Presume you've updated your GFX drivers for you're preferred brand of GFX card?

Yeah. Nvidia 425.11, i think?

I can't determine if it's the new patch for the game or the Drivers that are causing the issue!?

Edit.
  • Uninstalled the game and reinstalled on my System SSD Drive
  • Uninstalled all GFX related items with DDU
  • Installed the latest Driver according to Nvidia (419.67)
Will see how it goes.

Last edited:
Soldato
This game is really becoming annoying, just fought my way through a stronghold to where you need to blow up two tanks on a dockside destroyed one tank , game restarted and I am back at the nearest control point, auto saves are rubbish, as is the length of time he takes to heal and that he cannot do it on the move.
Need to give it a rest for a few days.

Associate
OK so I am not going to wade through 127 page of posts so Ill just ask and apologise if this has been answered 100 time already :)

Honest thoughts on the game, do I install it or punt the code I got with my new CPU? Guess I would probably only get about 20 quid tops given its restricted to being activated on a Ryzen CPU (I believe), but 20 quid is better than a steaming pile of poo, or is it worth playing through? I don't really like FPS games to be honest, other than DOOM which I love. I read that it's actually not bad but the story is utter garbage, what are some thoughts on the experience of players on here?

Man of Honour
OK so I am not going to wade through 127 page of posts so Ill just ask and apologise if this has been answered 100 time already :)

Honest thoughts on the game, do I install it or punt the code I got with my new CPU? Guess I would probably only get about 20 quid tops given its restricted to being activated on a Ryzen CPU (I believe), but 20 quid is better than a steaming pile of poo, or is it worth playing through? I don't really like FPS games to be honest, other than DOOM which I love. I read that it's actually not bad but the story is utter garbage, what are some thoughts on the experience of players on here?

Did you play and enjoy Division 1? If yes, then yes play Division 2.

If the answer to the above question is no or no and given you mention that you dont really like shooters, then no dont play Division 2.

I think its great, but then again my answer to the above question is yes and yes, and I do like shooters :)

Man of Honour
Extend your Windows pagefile by a few GB - that's what sorted my crashes out.

I played the beta with mine set to 1GB minimum 8GB maximum with 16GB RAM and didn't have a single crash other than getting kicked out when the servers died.

Associate
Did you play and enjoy Division 1? If yes, then yes play Division 2.

If the answer to the above question is no or no and given you mention that you dont really like shooters, then no dont play Division 2.

I think its great, but then again my answer to the above question is yes and yes, and I do like shooters :)

yeah makes sense, if I get 15-20 quid for it then that's 15-20 quid of something that I REALLY want I suppose. And it's not like I paid for it so should just think of it as a bit of a Brucie Bonus :)

Soldato
I played the beta with mine set to 1GB minimum 8GB maximum with 16GB RAM and didn't have a single crash other than getting kicked out when the servers died.

I appreciate that but it did resolve my crashes. Switched to DX11 and it didn't make a difference, but increasing my pagefile from 8 to 10 (16GB RAM) stopped crashes completely.

Man of Honour
I appreciate that but it did resolve my crashes. Switched to DX11 and it didn't make a difference, but increasing my pagefile from 8 to 10 (16GB RAM) stopped crashes completely.

Yeah fair enough whatever fixes it - I tend to keep my system fairly minimised/tweaked so possible would encounter the same problem if I had a few more programs running in the background, etc.

Soldato
This game is really becoming annoying, just fought my way through a stronghold to where you need to blow up two tanks on a dockside destroyed one tank , game restarted and I am back at the nearest control point, auto saves are rubbish, as is the length of time he takes to heal and that he cannot do it on the move.
Need to give it a rest for a few days.

As far as I know autosaving during a mission has never been an option. Wait till you try heroic difficulty and it taking 1-2 hours to complete depending on your teams skill level.

Also you should focus on using skills for healing, either chem launcher or hive. The chem launcher is very quick but is a short burst compared to the hive. The only time you should use heals is when you're safely behind cover.

Back
Top Bottom