Can't connect to cctv via hikvision app over 4G

Associate
I've racked my brain searched conflicting google pages and the like but i just can't get this to work. It was fine previously when i scanned the QR of the camera but i have since added an NVR into the mix and i don't know where i am going wrong.

I have tried to enable upnp on router and recorder but nothing is happening pages say they have done away with HiDDNs or something along those lines and moved to something else! Ahh driving me up the wall.

Anyone had same issues?

Soldato
You need to ensure the ports are forwarded correctly from your router to the NVR as external access wont be possible. It will only work when you are on the local network otherwise.

When my external IP from Sky renews access via 4G shows the cameras as offline. I then have to add the new IP to the app. Annoying but Sky don't sell static IPs :(

Associate
OP
You need to ensure the ports are forwarded correctly from your router to the NVR as external access wont be possible. It will only work when you are on the local network otherwise.

When my external IP from Sky renews access via 4G shows the cameras as offline. I then have to add the new IP to the app. Annoying but Sky don't sell static IPs :(

That is usually what HiDDNs is for so it forwards any change in your IP if its not static to the app you are accessing its pretty frustrating since they changed it some time ago but i don't know where the documentation for that change is and everything i've tried didn't work. Usually upnp is enough for the ports to fire off.

Associate
OP
There are plenty of free to use services. If allowed - I use NOIP - which is a really good service. You have to renew / confirm your hotname every 30 days - but really helpful.
i have an account for this but confused i registered as myhost.ddns.net but when i put these fields into the nvr i still get nothing on the app. Any tips?

Also anyone aware of how to update firmware on nvr still struggling with this.

Model is DS-7604NI-SE/P followed this https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/thre...are-for-your-nvr-updated-8th-april-2019.2001/

Guess my model is end of life but i am wondering if there is any better features for handling network features.

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm! I have the DS-7608NI-E2-8P - so a very similar model. I'd deffo make sure that you're completely up to date for firmware on the NVR and the cams for the best chance of it all working.

I followed the link you used and had a bit of trouble - but so far and after a few reboots its working ok.

I think the hiwatch kit is pretty good and ridiculously inexpensive....if you were looking for an alternative?

Associate
OP
Hmm! I have the DS-7608NI-E2-8P - so a very similar model. I'd deffo make sure that you're completely up to date for firmware on the NVR and the cams for the best chance of it all working.

I followed the link you used and had a bit of trouble - but so far and after a few reboots its working ok.

I think the hiwatch kit is pretty good and ridiculously inexpensive....if you were looking for an alternative?
Perhaps as i'll be adding more cameras but first i want to see if this can be upgraded for a better bunch of features. I've read i should try it directly rather than over network so i can give this a go tonight on a usb i suppose. Just have to narrow down which is which and what is what for firmware. Hopefully i can back it up.

Associate
OP
Well i got the firmware updated for NVR.. Had to search in the legacy stuff. Easy though. Didn't give me any new features :D

Still can't get it to view cams over 4G

Associate
OP
You want Hik-Connect, I'll ping you a link.

e; Check your trust. It's a company website with a guide but don't want to be seen as promoting business. I'll help w/ config just send me a message

I did not know you had sent me the link it arrived on email was expecting a PM

Thanks so much now its working just fine. All it took was connecting over hdmi to the nvr to view the code! DOH

But its pretty latency high i have tweaked the settings down to medium guess i'll have to view it at low doesn't really make that much difference picture wise.

Soldato
I did not know you had sent me the link it arrived on email was expecting a PM

Thanks so much now its working just fine. All it took was connecting over hdmi to the nvr to view the code! DOH

But its pretty latency high i have tweaked the settings down to medium guess i'll have to view it at low doesn't really make that much difference picture wise.
Haha sorry mate! Glad it's working :)

Back
Top Bottom