Something to fill dishwasher space?

Associate
Got the empty space for a (freestanding) dishwasher in my kitchen, and the gap looks a bit of an eyesore with a normal and a recycling bin in it. Any ideas or links to projects to fill that space better?

I had the idea to make some kind of wheeled trolley out of wood with a ply front painted to look like a dishwasher, so that I could still have the bins on the flat bed of the trolley behind the frontage, but my creative skills are struggling for inspiration otherwise. I'd like not to lose the bins (or some equivalents) as there is nowhere else really for them to go...

Soldato
Got the empty space for a (freestanding) dishwasher in my kitchen, and the gap looks a bit of an eyesore with a normal and a recycling bin in it. Any ideas or links to projects to fill that space better?

I had the idea to make some kind of wheeled trolley out of wood with a ply front painted to look like a dishwasher, so that I could still have the bins on the flat bed of the trolley behind the frontage, but my creative skills are struggling for inspiration otherwise. I'd like not to lose the bins (or some equivalents) as there is nowhere else really for them to go...

Find a spare door and kickboard for your kitchen and enclose the bins in the space?

Associate
OP
Find a spare door and kickboard for your kitchen and enclose the bins in the space?

That was my first thought. Unfortunately the kitchen was done by the previous occupants, and there are no identifying marks I can find, unless I'm not looking in the right place?

Soldato
Our kitchen had a dishwasher space when we bought the house. We bought a freestanding dishwasher to fill it before later finding a cupboard door for a built-in dishwasher stored tucked next to our boiler (doh! :mad: )

So I guess I'm just saying that it's worth checking around in case your predecessors were as forward thinking as ours :D

Associate
A dishwasher is a godsend! Only 3 of us in the house but good lord do we get through every cup plate and untensil. Bit of a miff when you need a cup and its not washed but they are also great for hygienic purposes since they blast everything with heat. Also i've heard you can cook a chicken in them........

Back
Top Bottom