Asus Maximus V Extreme

Associate
Hi When in bios can't get cursor/mouse to work/move it just flashes in first screen on others it's just solid
Have just replaced mobo battery as that was dead/died/flat by looks of it but still the same.

Associate
OP
Found cursor comes to life after a while but it worked on others screens mind maybe if was long enough by time had got to them for it to get out of bed and move?

one thing notice is it's clocked ram to 1333mhz and think it's 1T also

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Associate
OP
With using the keyboard I’ve never noticed the problem with the cursor.

Is your ram is stuck at 1333mhz?

Can you see igpu options?

The link I posted has a detailed guide on what to do if you need to reflash.

Hi i will have a look/check when have spare time on boot up! im wondering if it could be to do with logitech keyboard? as hung today unplugged it and came to life as was on 64 on led display i had unplugged wrong usb but maybe it wasn't now? but maybe a coincedence?

Trouble for me is i can't remember that great at times or take things in with Asperger's and mild stroke had few years back so makes life a challenge!!

Soldato
Hi i will have a look/check when have spare time on boot up! im wondering if it could be to do with logitech keyboard? as hung today unplugged it and came to life as was on 64 on led display i had unplugged wrong usb but maybe it wasn't now? but maybe a coincedence?

Trouble for me is i can't remember that great at times or take things in with Asperger's and mild stroke had few years back so makes life a challenge!!

Sorry to hear that. Could just be the keyboard. If it doesn’t detect it on boot it will likely cause it to hang on the black screen. Fingers crossed it is just that :)

Soldato
Had my dirty fingers in there set the ram to 1600mhz seems ok but did notice bios is old

Is your keyboard and mouse wireless - Logitech Unifying Reciever maybe? If yes, you can probably expect it to be a bit flaky.

I use one at home myself for when I’m sitting on the sofa but I also have my desk keyboard and mouse connected which I normally use for bios tweaking.

Did you enable XMP to get your ram back to 1600mhz? If not, enable that instead. It’ll set the frequency, timings and voltage automatically.

Associate
OP
Is your keyboard and mouse wireless - Logitech Unifying Reciever maybe? If yes, you can probably expect it to be a bit flaky.

I use one at home myself for when I’m sitting on the sofa but I also have my desk keyboard and mouse connected which I normally use for bios tweaking.

Did you enable XMP to get your ram back to 1600mhz? If not, enable that instead. It’ll set the frequency, timings and voltage automatically.

No there all wired bits. Think XMP is enabled looking at it.but i just changed from auto to manual then changed it.

Back
Top Bottom