Car battery suddenly dead without warning

Associate
This is something that worries me a little driving a vehicle that can't practically be bump started to and from work at often the dead of night in the middle of nowhere miles from home :s got an emergency jump start kit but not actually tried it to see if it works :|
Me too. I keep a charger and 10mm spanner in the boot as I work 24/7 shift rota in the middle of nowhere. Would be better if there was an outside power socket but I haven't been here long enough to ask.

Soldato
ECP sell Bosch batteries and can be quite reasonably priced with a discount code.

S4 = 4 year warranty
S5 = 5 year warranty

I've also had a lot of success with Halfords own 'Advanced' batteries too. I have one here that's 12 years old and still works as expected.

Halfords advanced stuff is pretty good. It's the cheap/regular stuff which is poop.

Soldato
I took my Focus to Ford garage - Bosch battery was around £135 if I remember right - good job I did take it as battery was about 25kg - I would never have lifted it in and it was in a PITA position.

Associate
If its sealed new battery time but if its got the caps on top you could try topping it up, normally one cell goes dry, worth a try for a few quid for battery water

Back
Top Bottom