Samsung S9 to iphone

Associate
Well after replacing my Android Tablet with a IPad Air 2. I’m really enjoying the Ios experience.
Would it be worth trading in my S9 and replacing it with the IPhone X or Xr?
My Mum has a IPhone 7 and its still as as the day she got it, whereas the Android devices have slowed down significantly after 15 months.

Soldato
Well after replacing my Android Tablet with a IPad Air 2. I’m really enjoying the Ios experience.
Would it be worth trading in my S9 and replacing it with the IPhone X or Xr?
My Mum has a IPhone 7 and its still as as the day she got it, whereas the Android devices have slowed down significantly after 15 months.

I guess it depends on whether you have invested money into the Android marketplace - as you won't be able to take those paid apps over to Apple's platform. If you really like the iOS experience and aren't invested in Android - then you've got nothing to lose really.

Touching on the slow down you mention - I have yet to see anything like that in either an Android or Apple phone, over the last ~12 years of using smart phones, so I wouldn't use that as an excuse to jump ship - certainly as you have an S9; a fairly new, and still extremely powerful Android phone. Most of the 'slow down' I hear people talk about, is probably where they have used newer (faster) devices, in work or whatnot, and then start to get used to that new level of performance; so start to feel their device is slowing down. Rubbish apps can also impact performance, but I am personally dubious that any modern tech will experience significant slow downs - unless there is a fault.

It's entirely your choice though - if you have the money/contract freedom to switch - then go for it; but make sure that you invest in as much capacity as you can afford - Apple devices [used to] run out of space rapidly, and you would be stuck having to delete you files to get the thing to work again. Android phones typically have SD card expansion - and some (probably not your S9) will allow you to move core apps off of the main storage.

Soldato
iPad Pro and mate 20 Pro here. Whilst iOS is great for tablets I’m not so convinced it’s great for phones... you lose too many little quality of life features which you take for granted with android phones. Google apps work fine cross platform and the main games I play sync across iOS and android so really nothing to gain by going the iPhone route imo.

Back
Top Bottom