Fixed Line Fibre Provider

Associate
Hi all,

I am moving into a new build soon and the fibre network provider is IFNL (https://www.ifnl.net). For my development there are 5 service providers:
  • Direct Save Telecom;
  • seethelight;
  • Love your Broadband;
  • vFast internet;
  • Pure Broadband.
Would anyone be able to give any advice on which service provider to go with?

Thanks

JEPr7Ev.png

Soldato
I have absolutely no idea with FttH but if I understand correctly then they all use the same infrastructure so any research probably needs to look at price, customer service and any restrictions/data caps/traffic shaping. These will be the differentiators. Some of my neighbours use vFast but their wireless offering and haven't got anything bad to say about them.

Caporegime
A very non-scientific test, but Vfast are the only site to have a login page and not use HTTPS, so I'd be concerned their entire outfit is staffed by clowns. Love Your Broadband don't have any information on their website at all other than a method of requesting a callback. Seethelight appear to be the only ones who can offer a synchronous service if you want it.

Associate
... Some of my neighbours use vFast but their wireless offering and haven't got anything bad to say about them.

hi BigT. Where abouts in Kent are you? Could you ask your neighbours if they have experienced any slow down during peak hours with vfast?
I'm considering it as well but as its £200 installation cost I want to check its actually good before forking out.

Soldato
So I asked them @rangor gubbins

They said they don't get any slow down at all but when I probed a little bit more I don't think they're going to be all that representative of a power user. I suspect their casual surfing and email hardly stretches the system. They don't know the meaning of the word download and don't use any streaming services which would be a better barometer.

Associate
OP
Breathing life into an old thread here.

Does anyone have any feedback on any of these providers? I am facing the same options with the adttion of breeztel. https://www.ofnl.co.uk/availableisps

All of them look terrible judging by their websites and feedback :p.

Speaking from experience, I'd go with vFast.

There customer service is good- its a small company so they don't have tired support, you just speak to one of the networking team (for tech support). In two years there has been one drop in connection which they called me about before I even knew about it (at work) and it was resolved quickly.

Connection speed has generally been at the quoted amount, with excellent latency.

Back
Top Bottom