Anyone used one of these Glue Dent Pullers? Any good?

Associate
I've got a small dent the size of a 5-10p coin.

I got a quote for removing the dent, £70-£80.

After telling my friend he suggests for around £20-40 I could get a tool that does this with great results.

I see 1000's of these kits online with mixed reviews,

does anyone have any experience with this and if so what is the best kit to get?

do you need specific glue for the glue gun when doing this?

Don
For £70-£80 is it really worth risking DIY that may make it substantially worse?

If it's a car you don't care about or has multiple dents by all means give it a go, but otherwise just pay someone who does it day in day out.

Soldato
I have a small kit and watched a pro doing it, but I've not had a go myself yet :p

From what I've seen most of the work is done from the inside of the panel and you don't get those tools in the cheap kits. You can use a slide hammer and glue, but you won't get it perfect without also hammering it down after. That's where the skill/experience comes in.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would highly recommend a pro, I had ChipsAway remove a bumper scuff, repair a couple of chips on the bonnet and remove 2 dings and the door for £200, service was great, can't event tell it's had work done

Soldato
They will be ok for making dents that aren't on crease lines look a bit better, but that's about it unless you know what you're doing

Associate
I bought one of these kits a few years ago as I was selling a cheap car with quite a few door dings and a couple of dents. It worked great on a couple of them and a few others it reduced them enough that you could only see them at the right angle and the rest didnt really do anything

I found it worked best on the bigger dents the smaller door dings were harder to pull out

For just one or two dents i'd suck it up and go to a pro

Soldato
if the dent is just pushed in it it'll work ok, but if the paint is damaged and cracked etc it'll still show, mine broke. i just bought another door off ebay and a bonnet too!

Associate
Was quoted £300 for a repair across a crease in a bonnet. Bought a kit from amazon for £30. It helped. Wasn’t perfect but much better. So much so, the lease company didn’t spot it on hand over :)

Associate
OP
What I'm getting from this is

1. pay someone else
2. my dent is too small for these kits anyway
3. just pay someone else

:p

I'll look for someone local I guess, the £70-80 quote was a 15 mile drive

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom