UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 May *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
No VAR in the EL? Azpilicueta should have been sent off then.

I think I heard them say VAR will be used in the final but not till then because not every stadium is setup for it but they can do it for the final.

Second Valencia goal was offside from the ball out wide, would have been easily called on VAR. Think that would have gone as a red, though the contact was minor, he did I think bend his leg and put little force in but could still be given as a red. Ref also decided to ignore the advantage but not give the red card which seems odd, mostly refs will play on unless it's a red card (when they don't have to but almost always do).

Caporegime
Well done Arsenal, off to the final. Auba and Laca were immense reading the match report.

Hopefully we can win the final and finally win a European competition.

Aubacazette was amazing tonight. They both do so much work closing, tracking back and winning the ball all over the pitch which with our defence is vital as it helps out back line stay a bit closer and make less of the somewhat classic Arsenal panicky runs out of defence leaving massive gaps. They get everywhere all game long and their play, runs, movement in attack and the damn pace. They are a constant threat all game long even in periods we looked terrible and that's exactly what happened. First goal 100% against the run of play, we were being beaten around like little girls up to our first goal then almost out of nothing bam and it effected Valencia like a kick in the nuts, absolutely took the wind out of them.

I don't think we could afford to refuse a huge fee for Laca, and business wise it could help replace almost the entire defence which all needs replacing (due to age, talent or both), but I feel like if no one goes with a stupid fee and we can keep them together if we get a couple of defenders in and build on what our offence is growing into they can grow into a really great team.

Caporegime
Aubacazette was amazing tonight. They both do so much work closing, tracking back and winning the ball all over the pitch which with our defence is vital as it helps out back line stay a bit closer and make less of the somewhat classic Arsenal panicky runs out of defence leaving massive gaps. They get everywhere all game long and their play, runs, movement in attack and the damn pace. They are a constant threat all game long even in periods we looked terrible and that's exactly what happened. First goal 100% against the run of play, we were being beaten around like little girls up to our first goal then almost out of nothing bam and it effected Valencia like a kick in the nuts, absolutely took the wind out of them.

I don't think we could afford to refuse a huge fee for Laca, and business wise it could help replace almost the entire defence which all needs replacing (due to age, talent or both), but I feel like if no one goes with a stupid fee and we can keep them together if we get a couple of defenders in and build on what our offence is growing into they can grow into a really great team.
I haven’t had a chance to watch the game but will watch the highlights at some point.

If only we could have carried our European form in the PL, we would have had top 4. But if we win the EL then for me, it’s been a successful season even with our terrible PL away form.

Can only hope this summer we get some decent players in and get rid of the trash ie Mustafi and Xhaka being the 2 worst culprits. Definitely need to hang onto Laca and Auba, those 2 when on song are absolutely devastating.

Back
Top Bottom