Baby Georges story

Soldato
OP
It's not very often that something I read makes me genuinely tearful but with our first son George being born in July of last year I cannot imagain the pain and distress you, your wife and baby George must have gone through. It's fantastic to see the photos of him doing so well a year on.

I've donated £25 (equivalent of 1 nights stay) on your behalf to the Ronald McDonald House charity. https://www.rmhc.org.uk/

An awesome charity to give to, we used that while at St Marys bit only for the day stuff, lounge and kitchen.

The one we stayed in at Liverpool is actually a standalone charity annoyingly they say a lot of people get mixed up. They should really change their name.
https://ronaldmcdonaldhouseliverpool.org.uk

Thanks everyone, i originally wrote this thread as a few in the main thread and more about it. But i find it good getting it off my chest.

Associate
bloody hell. My missus is due home in a few minutes with my 6 year old. I'm going to give him one hell of a hug in a mo then I'll have to explain to Mrs FluffySheep why my eyes are red and I've been crying.

FluffySheep

Soldato
As a parent who lost his first child when she was 6 days old, I can only be thankful that yours has pulled through. To know you're finally home is a massive feat and you must be so relieved.

Congratulations to you and your mrs, this is amazing news!! I sincerely hope it goes from strength to strength.

Soldato
OP
Guys, watch Hospital Series 4 Episode 4.
It's all about Ramana Dhannapuneni from memory he does the ECMO surgery on it.

Episode 1 is about Conor Mallucci and how he is the only surgeon willing to take on operations no one else will.

Seriously both very impressive guys.

Soldato
@robj20

I'm lost for words mate, I can't imagine having to watch one of my kids go through all that or how I'd cope as a father. It's amazing to see he came through it though and is doing great considering everything. He's clearly a fighter though and hopefully will continue to shock and surprise everyone!

Soldato
OP
Went out at weekend, thought we would see how he did in a high chair, he had a tendency to lean too much but after propping his right arm other the side he could stay upright. He enjoyed his breakfast, loves his toast bonus that wetherspoons do vegan butter substitute.

MjTp503l.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not been a good weekend. Sunday night we were woke up by George, his head was roasting. He had a cold or so we thought, stripped him off gave some paracetamol which he threw up so gave some Ibuprofen.
He then started coughing then nothing, you could see he was struggling to catch his breath, few pats on the back and he coughed up a load of mucous.
He was okay again heavy breathing but within okay range, heart rate was a bit high but okay.

Wife took him to the doctors Monday morning, they took ages to see him 3 hour wait for an appointment.
By this point he was a lot better but the doctor arranged for the nurse to come to the house later that day to check his SATS. Told us to take him straight to hospital of he gets worse. Prescribed him Amoxicillin for seven days for a chest infection, the worst thing he can get so wife started to get worried.
Nurse came and checked his SATS slightly down at 96+ but okay. They are coming every morning for the rest of the week now.

He was much better last night, thankfully.

Soldato
Not been a good weekend. Sunday night we were woke up by George, his head was roasting. He had a cold or so we thought, stripped him off gave some paracetamol which he threw up so gave some Ibuprofen.
He then started coughing then nothing, you could see he was struggling to catch his breath, few pats on the back and he coughed up a load of mucous.
He was okay again heavy breathing but within okay range, heart rate was a bit high but okay.

Wife took him to the doctors Monday morning, they took ages to see him 3 hour wait for an appointment.
By this point he was a lot better but the doctor arranged for the nurse to come to the house later that day to check his SATS. Told us to take him straight to hospital of he gets worse. Prescribed him Amoxicillin for seven days for a chest infection, the worst thing he can get so wife started to get worried.
Nurse came and checked his SATS slightly down at 96+ but okay. They are coming every morning for the rest of the week now.

He was much better last night, thankfully.

There's so much around at the moment, both ours are Ill (as are we). Esme is into her second bout bronchiolitis in 5 weeks. She's only 8 months old and you **** yourself when they stop breathing for 10 seconds or so. Obviously after everything George has been through chest infections are not great, hope the little fella is feeling better shortly.

Soldato
OP
He loves his food, some of the stuff he eats, i dont know why people say that cant get there children to eat veg.

This was a pasta sauce made with broccoli, peas, spinach, pine nuts and olive oil, with prawns in it. He went mad for it.
0LKi1JVl.jpg

He generally eats what ever we are having, i don't believe in baby food.
The dietitian was amazed at what he eats.

But so far his favourites seem to be fish mainly sea bass and salmon, prawns, chicken, lentils, rice, potato and bread.
He wolfed down moussaka that we had the other day, and we went to a Chinese restaurant and he loved the prawn crackers, prawn toast, spring rolls, and chicken in ginger and spring onion.
He seems to like spices as well, already eating things spicier than my wife will eat such as madras and rogen josh.

Still below that silly 0.4th centile line though. Hate that they are so obsessed with that graph.

Soldato
OP
Seems half the people I know have chest infections or something at the moment, myself included.

Don't have kids but got genuinely emotional just reading this thread for the first time. Hope he's ok
He's adapting well, watching him do things with one hand is frustrating though.
I guess the thing were waiting for now is signs that he will walk. Don't he will ever crawl bit late for that now anyway.
Talking seems to be on the cards at least, swore he said "Hiya" the other day, and in obviously drumming "da da" into him. Lol

Caporegime
Blimey that was a tough read, could definitely feel your emotion about the situation. I was scared that it wouldn't be a happy ending but I am thrilled for you that your little guy managed to recover and is doing well! I can't imagine how that must feel. :)

Back
Top Bottom