Exhaust repair

Associate
Hi everyone.

My Nissan Almera (2003) exhaust is making a strange noise. I think it is coming from the middle section.

I know that it will depend on the type of problem but I would like to know how much have you paid for you exhaust replacement, repair, etc? This serves just to have an idea. Will take the car in due course to an exhaust repair shop but it would be nice to have an idea so that I don't get any surprises and know what price range this should be.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Looks like you can pick up a centre section for £40-60 just from a quick look online. Labour on top will be minimal say another £40.

Unless you need a Cat or full system for some reason it's hard to see how it'll be much more than £100-150

Associate
Best thing to do with exhaust noises and that's to have it up on the ramp. Could simply be a clip, are there any strange smells in the cabin btw?

Associate
OP
Thank you both for the reply.

No, I don't small anything strange in the cabin. It is just a noise coming from the exhaust. I have parked in a quiet place and left the car in idle and tried to listen carefully and it looks like that the noise is coming from the centre section, between the centre section and first section. But not 100% sure. Will try to go to Halfords or Kwik Fit as they do this check for free.

Associate
Hi all. Is 180 pounds a reasonable price to fit a middle section and the silencer (back section)?

If its aftermarket T304 grade stainless steel then yes, if its OEM cheap **** from Halford/Kwikfit then no. Try finding a local exhaust company or distributor like powerflow etc

Its probably a loose heat shield causing the noise, or broken hanger .

can you describe the noise, rattly? knocking? does the noise get louder as you rev the car etc

Man of Honour
If you have axle stands or a way to get under the car (e.g. bump one side up a large kerb) then it's worth crawling underneath and seeing whether you can find the issue. It may be simple and cheap to make a repair. Or as mentioned it could be something loose. I doubt you want to spend much on a 16 year old car so at least take a look first. But only get under the car if you do so safely.

Back
Top Bottom