Burgled twice... Another ins. claim?

Man of Honour
The property was secured by the insurance company, pending a new door. Their garage door suppliers couldn't fit a suitable door, they would have reduced the opening a fair chuck so my old beetle would no longer have fitted. Therefore I cash settled, with the intention of getting a more suitable door fitted that allowed me to use the garage as intended.
Cash has not yet arrived, so I haven't had the replacement sorted yet.

Yes I did feel it was their job, as they sent out a security firm specifically to make the garage secure.
Not entirely sure what your point is?

So you declined their offer to properly fix the door for the reason stated and took the cash option, I'd say that leaves you SOL trying to claim their temporary repair wasn't good enough as that's all it is a temporary repair to keep the elements out really.

Soldato
OP
Well yeah, on the grounds that they couldn't offer a like for like.

Mine are side hung, not the traditional up and over. (Those bolts look good @Pho but hey won't work for me.

Also bear in mind the cash hasn't yet arrived.

Victim support have just called from notts police. They said I should be tearing into the insurance company. They apparently tender ins repair work to really shoddy companies all the time, cheapest tender wins. They haven't met their contractual requirements of making it secure. Not even like this time the locks were broke or some other method. They literally just folded the lower quarter back on itself again.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Mine are side hung, not the traditional up and over. (Those bolts look good @Pho but hey won't work for me.

Mine are side hung wooden doors too actually, I just fitted one at the top and one at the bottom leaving the normal lock in the middle. Depends how they peeled your door back though I guess.

Associate
So you declined their offer to properly fix the door for the reason stated and took the cash option, I'd say that leaves you SOL trying to claim their temporary repair wasn't good enough as that's all it is a temporary repair to keep the elements out really.
If he could get his beetle in the garage with the old door and not with the new door I wouldn’t call that a proper fix, also a temp fix can’t leave the property unsecured for what ever length of time what’s the point in that? That’s like fixing a window with cardboard and sticky tape and going to fetch the window while no ones in the property

Associate
Well yeah, on the grounds that they couldn't offer a like for like.

Also bear in mind the cash hasn't yet arrived.

Victim support have just called from notts police. They said I should be tearing into the insurance company. They apparently tender ins repair work to really shoddy companies all the time, cheapest tender wins. They haven't met their contractual requirements of making it secure. Not even like this time the locks were broke or some other method. They literally just folded the lower quarter back on itself again.
Tear them a new * hole and get a discount on your renewal

Back
Top Bottom