Anyone fancy going swimming?

Soldato
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48380940

All we have to do is put a dress on and say we are women. I propose an OCUK meetup!
i'm more interested by what goes on at these ponds that necesitates single sex variations?! was there a load of rumpy pumpy happening in the mixed pond that made some males and females uncomfortable? can the women go starkers at the women only pond? can men go starkers at the men only pond?
so many questions :p

Caporegime
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48380940

All we have to do is put a dress on and say we are women. I propose an OCUK meetup!

Sure, let's go through years of psychiatric reviews, panels, interviews, then a sex change, changing all your documents, just to visit a pond with some women in.

If you want to see naked women in public, easier getting a plane ticket somewhere with a nude beach isn't it?

(Those women aren't nude in the pond!). Then WTF would a man want to become a transgender just to see some clothed women?

Soldato
From that article, firstly:

However, Stonewall said the 2010 Equality Act already protected trans people from being discriminated against when accessing services.

Stonewall director Laura Russell said it was "not a new rule".

She added: "Trans people's right to use single-sex spaces, regardless of whether they have legal gender recognition, has been the law for nearly a decade."
So if that's the case why is this news now? Because someone started screaming 'wah, I'm being repressed!' Who TF cares?

And secondly:

Hampstead Heath has three bathing ponds, including a male only, female only and mixed sex pond
Why can't they just use the mixed pond?

Man of Honour
We can't though, can we:

That could be interesting, as, according to that article they'd be breaking the law if they were to stop someone on grounds of gender:

Stonewall director Laura Russell said it was "not a new rule".

She added: "Trans people's right to use single-sex spaces, regardless of whether they have legal gender recognition, has been the law for nearly a decade."

Soldato
Presumably anyone who genuinely* identifies as male can use the men only one? So the rules are being enforced equally and there is no story here.

*By genuine, I mean someone who is actually trans and not a few women with fake beards going hur durr we're men.

Caporegime
Presumably anyone who genuinely* identifies as male can use the men only one? So the rules are being enforced equally and there is no story here.

*By genuine, I mean someone who is actually trans and not a few women with fake beards going hur durr we're men.

I think if you had a sex change, walk in with a penis...i don't see why not.

Caporegime
We can't though, can we:

Who is going to tell someone who claims to be a transgender woman that they can't swim with the other women? refusing them entry they're basically risking being pictured as a hate figure on social media, losing their job and having milkshakes thrown at them in the street.

Caporegime
Who is going to tell someone who claims to be a transgender woman that they can't swim with the other women? refusing them entry they're basically risking being pictured as a hate figure on social media, losing their job and having milkshakes thrown at them in the street.

That's your challenge for the weekend.

Go try and "claim" to be a transgender woman and according to you, you must be allowed in right?

Soldato
OP
Sure, let's go through years of psychiatric reviews, panels, interviews, then a sex change, changing all your documents, just to visit a pond with some women in.

If you want to see naked women in public, easier getting a plane ticket somewhere with a nude beach isn't it?

(Those women aren't nude in the pond!). Then WTF would a man want to become a transgender just to see some clothed women?

I dont think its neccessary to actually have a sex change to be transgender these days is it? Saying I identify as a woman would be enough.

I predict this will be attempted over the weekend by a lads group.

Caporegime
I dont think its neccessary to actually have a sex change to be transgender these days is it? Saying I identify as a woman would be enough.

I predict this will be attempted over the weekend by a lads group.

Transgender is an official legal label, there is a register and everything.

What you are thinking of is Gender dysphoria, when a person identifies him or herself as the other sex but not gone through the process.

Just putting on a dress doesn’t make you a transgender.

Soldato
why can we not have a pool designated 'others' - men go the men's pool, women go the womens, those who don't give a toss go to the mixed pool and anyone else who wishes to identify as something else goes to the 'others' pool (though it'd need a nicer name obviously)
would that keep everyone happy or cause more offence?

Soldato
Transgender is an official legal label, there is a register and everything.

What you are thinking of is Gender dysphoria, when a person identifies him or herself as the other sex but not gone through the process.

is that true though - i've no idea genuinely but it seems at odds with what Stonewall say on their website

obviously this quote isn't a legal/lawful statement but was just curious as it seems to counter what you've said. does the law specifically state a person must have undergone surgery before they can identify as transgender? or is a dude only a trans dudette legally after they have surgery - so they could identify as transgender but not transgender female until they been under the knife? apologies if this seems like a daft question, all this malarkey confuses the life out of me!

Do you need to have gender reassignment surgery (a 'sex change operation') to be trans?
A lot of media coverage is obsessed with details of body parts and surgical procedures. For some trans people, having gender reassignment surgery is an important part of their transition. Getting access to that surgery is extremely difficult at the moment, and more investment is desperately needed so that trans people can get the procedures they need.

But for other trans people surgery isn’t something they want. Being trans isn’t about having (or not having) particular body parts. It’s something that’s absolutely core to a trans person’s identity and doesn’t alter - whatever outward appearances might be.

Caporegime

No, but simply claiming you're a female does to a lot of people in that 'community'.

Do you think this swimming pool company would really risk refusing someone and have them kick up a massive fuss about it? The transgender cult would be all over it.

Back
Top Bottom