Aladdin (Disney live action, May 2019)

Soldato
I went and saw this yesterday, I thought it was wonderful, the sets and costumes are superb and beautiful. Will Smith's genie was great, he didn't try and copy RW but gave his own take on it, which worked well I think.
They've tweaked the story ever so slightly and empowered Jasmine more which was good.

It's not the animated version, or the stage show, it's its own thing and it works.

Overall my wife and I loved it.

img

img

Associate
I saw this as well yesterday and it was really enjoyable. was much better than the trailer made it seem as well for me.

Man of Honour
Saw this today - it was pretty fun and better than I expected it to be. The best thing about the film, by far, was the colours, clothing and dancing. That vivid culture is really lacking in the cartoon but here it’s awesome. Some of the outfits are amazing.

The first act was just sort of OK.
The second act was excellent.
The third act felt a little padded - a surprisingly fiery song from Jasmine being the highlight.

By far away the best of the Disney live action remakes, IMO.

Soldato
OP
Treated my nieces to the flicks and we all loved it :D

Will Smith puts in a good performance and Naomi can belt out a number.

Speechless the new 'let it go' ????

Man of Honour
Oh, one thing that did irk me (to a degree) a couple of points in the film looked like they had been filmed and then sped up slightly, either to match the music or to make stunts easier. Perhaps this was just me, but there was a bit in ‘One jump ahead’ where my eyes and brain just went ‘nope’.

Not a big point or anything I’m just curious if anyone else thought the same, or whether I’m nuts :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Better than expected but still lags behind the original. 6.9/10 from me.

Soldato
Saw this this evening with my wife, both of us genuinely enjoyed it. Yes, a few tweaks here and there, but by and large it felt like a nostalgic live action look back to what we remembered.

Had been worried going in after seeing Dumbo, which was awful, but this was surprisingly good. Still more that could have been done, but solid 8/10.

I saw this last Wednesday (29/5) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think Will Smith did great as the genie with his own style and not trying to be Robin Williams 2.0. Aladdin has the most recognisable soundtrack for any Disney film imo and the 2019 score did it justice, jazzing up 1 or 2 of the numbers. The story of Aladdin is the same for the most part but with a few plot deviations. Millennials who enjoyed Aladdin the first time round shouldn't be disappointed with this version. Myself as a Disney fanatic loved both and I'm really enjoying the remakes. Just try not to compare them too much with the originals I'd say and just enjoy both versions as they are.

Back
Top Bottom