Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Just had the one glass of Nikka this evening. It was so strong / harsh (and completely unlike the Scot malts of yesterday) that I had to go and add water twice and it STILL felt aggressive. Lying in bed and feeling very drunk indeed. Oh dear o_O
That is a particularly strong tipple - and will contribute to that harsh/dry after taste if not accustomed. But even so - how big was that glass that your o_0? (Enthusiasm to try get the better of you :))

Have another couple and you'll probably be proclaiming it as your favourite... :D

EDIT: Hope you're not suffering too much this morning @Nitefly - at least it's a Sunday.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
@Plec fortunately I hooned some water before bed so not my head isn’t terrible... but I deffo have that ‘strong alcohol in the system’ burn. It really can’t be good for you :o

A big roast will sort me out.

Man of Honour
Ok, for those following my whisky journey... (@Plec)

I opened up the Yamakazi 12 and I’m pleased to report it is absolutely nothing like the Nikka from the barrel. It is supremely smooth and drinkable. Almost quafffable! The easiest and most drinkable whiskey I’ve perhaps ever had. The one I’d compare it with most obviously is a Glenmorangie. That sort of ultra drinkable drink. But I think it’s even easier than that.

Not sure it’s value for money but I really like it!

Soldato
Interesting, I’ll take that advice, thanks. Makes sense.

Just had the one glass of Nikka this evening. It was so strong / harsh (and completely unlike the Scot malts of yesterday) that I had to go and add water twice and it STILL felt aggressive. Lying in bed and feeling very drunk indeed. Oh dear o_O
I didn't like it either. Took a long while for that bottle to empty..

Soldato
Ok, for those following my whisky journey... (@Plec)

Yamakazi 12 - The easiest and most drinkable whiskey I’ve perhaps ever had.
Great. relived you've got a winner - never tried that one, will add to my 'to try list'. Although, from your description, sounds like one of those whiskeys that 4 glasses can pass without realising. You may need some glasses of water on hand near the end of the night. :)

The one I’d compare it with most obviously is a Glenmorangie. That sort of ultra drinkable drink. But I think it’s even easier than that.
Yep, i've got varying ages of Glenmoranngie - seems to be a go to choice for family/friends buying me thank you gifts - but as you say it's a very easy/smooth drink. Too, easy when chatting with mates... (if you don't get a weird special edition that they've mucked about with too much.).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Upgraded my 10 year 40" TV.

LG C8 55
Sonos Beam
2 x Sonos Play1
LG UBK90 4K blu ray player

av_setup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom