Coping with Moaners and where to draw the line....

Caporegime
This week at work I had a customer who spent 3 hours in my company and not a single minute went by without him moaning, that day I’d already had an unusual day taking a relative to hospital but was pretty zen like throughout the day doing what had to be done. By 9pm after having spent the evening with this **** I was completely drained and shaken out of my zone, its so inconsiderate to offload that crap on to someone you barely know, you are making the choice stop f'ing moaning about it, this was beyond anything ive ever experienced and I've got some whiny friends and family. It was the most full on, relentless interminable moaning ive ever heard I just wanted to deck the **** after 3 hours and I am not one for violence.

You don't even provide any context here - was the moaning related to your employer? If so then suck it up or learn to handle clients better - that's partly your job/responsibility if you're dealing with customers.

If the moaning was on some irrelevant subject, like, I dunno, he just decided to talk about politics and moan about the recent elections or Brexit or whatever... then change the subject. You're at work, with a client, move it onto work related matters... again though, your workplace, your responsibility still.

Soldato
People get to a certain age where the only things they can talk about are the weather, their ailments, or having a good moan. Misery loves company OP, and you were looking too happy for your customer's liking that day.

Associate
This sort of reads like someone else was given the topic "Why moaning is healthy" and also told to fill 3 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom