Is anyone else starting to notice that 128GB of storage isn't enough?

Soldato
I never thought I'd be in a situation where I needed more than 128GB of storage on a mobile phone, but my OnePlus 6 is slowly filling up with data (mainly ebooks and recorded video). I'm getting to the stage where I am thinking of upgrading my phone, not because of any new features or speed increases but to get more storage space.

Is anyone else in this situation?

Associate
I tend to avoid anything that takes up to much storage.

I only take pictures not video unless I have to.

As for me I stream YouTube or my music collection on Amazon music using my home WiFi or using my unlimited everything data calls and text when I am away from home.

If I need more data storage I will buy one of those what is it, sd card?

That is all,

Dan

Soldato
Since switching to Spotify and using Google Photos I have no storage issues what so ever.

I clear off the photos every now and then so they're cloud basd (could do this with video too) and I just save spotify playlists or albums as and when I want to listen to them. Surely ebooks take up practically no space?

Soldato
My ebook collection is 23GBs.
I guess the question then is why do you need 23GB of books on you at any one time? That must be hundreds if not thousands of books?

I used to think I needed my entire FLAC msuci collection to carry around with me but I soon realised I was being a wally and given I can afford Spotify it was a no brainer.

Soldato
OP
I guess the question then is why do you need 23GB of books on you at any one time? That must be hundreds if not thousands of books?

I used to think I needed my entire FLAC msuci collection to carry around with me but I soon realised I was being a wally and given I can afford Spotify it was a no brainer.

416 books. They are all technical with the vast majority of them being programming books of some sort or other. The thing is they are great reference material so if I come across a specific problem I need to solve I want to ensure that I have them all there as I'm not sure what I'll be working on day to day.

There’s your problem then. I listen to an ebook then remove it from storage... don’t really see the need to have shedloads of them saved unless I was working offshore for weeks on end.

I need them for reference purposes.

Man of Honour
I doubt I'd need more than 32gb on a phone. As long as it has an SD card slot then I just pop in a 128gb card too. But everything I watch and listen to now is streamed.

Soldato
For phone use I mainly stream media. 128GB is ample for now. Have 50 GB free.

Main use is from camera and video. I compress all old pics from old phones down to high quality but 2mp jpegs.

Soldato
Nope. My phone has half of its 51GB storage free and my 128GB SD card is only 9% used.

Run CCleaner or manually go and clear some app caches, you'll probably free up a good few GB just by doing that.

Man of Honour
128gb hasn't been enough for me in a very long time.
Cloud storage isn't an option as a few places I go doesn't have a data signal, so it's a no go immediately.

Currently have a 512gb mSD with about 50gb free on it.

Soldato
I never thought I'd be in a situation where I needed more than 128GB of storage on a mobile phone, but my OnePlus 6 is slowly filling up with data (mainly ebooks and recorded video). I'm getting to the stage where I am thinking of upgrading my phone, not because of any new features or speed increases but to get more storage space.

Is anyone else in this situation?

No, you have a hyper specific personal problem.

416 books. They are all technical with the vast majority of them being programming books of some sort or other. The thing is they are great reference material so if I come across a specific problem I need to solve I want to ensure that I have them all there as I'm not sure what I'll be working on day to day.

I need them for reference purposes.

Which is this.

Back
Top Bottom