Silent backlit keyboard

Soldato
OP
Had a look, and yes white is one of the standard colours. It's actually Sun button + 0 to cycle colours, 1-9 cycle effects.

oZw1yDl.jpg

Really appreciate the time to check and the picture thanks very much

Not sure if the G213 is silent enough for OP. Think it ticks most of his other boxes though.

Its a membrane keyboard isnt it, do you think its loud for a membrane keyboard?

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Can't say I've ever really noticed any kind of noisy clacking sound from the G213. It's my wifes' keyboard and we have our desks next to each other. But I guess noise is subjective. Personally I don't think it's a noisy keyboard, certainly nothing like the racket mechanical ones make.

Soldato
OP
Can't say I've ever really noticed any kind of noisy clacking sound from the G213. It's my wifes' keyboard and we have our desks next to each other. But I guess noise is subjective. Personally I don't think it's a noisy keyboard, certainly nothing like the racket mechanical ones make.

Did you ever try the 413 with RomerG? Its the only thing I have to compare it to, for me it was the quietest Mechanical switch I've heard so far but still cant imagine membrane being louder than the RomerG

Soldato
OP
Like other membrane keyboards, you have to bottom the switch out for the key to actuate on these. This produces a 'clack' like a mechanical keyboard but with a different feel to mechanical (the G213 tries to emulate the Cherry MX Brown apparently). See below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS-reOxaGzs

Just watched the video, surprised at how loud the 213 is for a membrane keyboard

HeX

HeX

Soldato
All I can say is the one we have doesn't sound anything like that noisy, if it did it would have been thrown out the window by now :D

I can't stand all that clicking, it's why I have a K750 with super low travel quiet keys!

Best bet is see if you can test one in a shop and see for yourself.

Soldato
OP
@HeX

Hi Hex, only just got round to buying this, do you know if you can only have individual keys lit up like WSAD for example? I dont think you can as I have searched but thought I would check with you

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom