Bloody wildlife...

Soldato
Ninja night deer up here are the main hazard.

Coming back from the West Coast the other week around 1am on the epic country roads and I was just pulling off an overtake of a random late travelling artic.

Just after I'd pulling back in and flicking on the full beams, I see 3 pairs of yellow dots in mid-air start moving across from the edge of the road.

Luckily I hadn't rushed past the lorry and it was a light brake as the three deer darted across infront.

Wouldn't be fun being in the middle of a deer/artic sandwich.

Man of Honour
On my way to work today around 20-30 yards from where the deer jumped out at me is rather gruesomely the ripped off at the neck head of a deer at the side of the road and I think some other bits spead on the verge - someone must have been going at quite some speed. Obviously can't be sure but as it was a fairly sizeable deer I suspect it is/was the same one.

Soldato
Country driving certainly gives some unique challenges. Having to constantly watch out for deer, foxes, and pheasants etc certainly keeps you alert. I've been very fortunate so far, a five mile stretch of my commute is on single track roads, but know its only a matter of time until my luck runs out.

Pheasants are by far the most stupid animal out there...

Man of Honour
Had a fox decide to play last night - seen a few freshly splatted across the road while driving at night in the last week :(

Back
Top Bottom