Poll: Canadian Grand Prix 2019, Montréal - Race 7/21

Rate the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Question, would the stewards have checked the telemetry from Sebs car before making the decision?

Probably not, but people are always given penalties for cutting corners and holding position like that. If they didn't wants the point in having an apex, just let people do what they want :/

Soldato
Had LH done this almost all you in here would be defending him as I said before fanboys.

When you have many drivers/former ones saying he had no place to go that sums it up for myself they know how these cars work.

I think they should have allowed investigation at the end that would have been much more fair and more of a middle ground then the way he was punished.

One more thing like this happens Seb will walk from the sport and I don't blame him F1 has been poor for so long and some of these silly penalties really do not help things
No i wouldnt, i would say the exact same thing as everyone else would.

He went off teh track and prevented ham from overtaking him.

thats a fact. swap the drivers or put any other drivers in there circumstances and i would say the exact same thing.

There is a reason that rule exist

Soldato
When did it? I can’t remember an in-race 5 second penalty taking the race win away from someone in the past.

There was Spa but that wasn’t like this, that all happened after the podium which is how this should have been handled

Sorry, not exactly the same then. Even so, he doesn't lose his rag like this.

Man of Honour
Chapter 5 of the sporting code.
2b) "manoeuvers liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are strictly prohibited."
2c) Should a car leave the track for any reason, and without prejudice to 2(d) below, the driver may re-enter the track. However, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.

Permabanned
But you can't benefit from it and he would have if he didn't get a penalty.

But you are wrong for two reasons - first - the car lost grip, and second is that it's the circuit's walls being so close which stopped Hamilton. Why should Vettel be punished because of the circuit configuration?
Think more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom