Poll: Canadian Grand Prix 2019, Montréal - Race 7/21

Rate the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
But your are wrong for two reasons - first - the car lost grip, and second is that it's the circuit's walls being so close which stopped Hamilton. Why should Vettel be punished because of the circuit configuration?
Think more about it.

But no one else went off...

Soldato
If that was the nouvelle chicane 2 weeks ago he'd have been given a penalty with Lewis that close. If it was a number of other tracks he'd have to go round a bollard or had an accident. Ruined a tighter finish but it's not exactly a new decision and one that happens multiple times a season just not always up front.

Only because its changed the race victory are people annoyed. If that was for 7th would you care?

Soldato
But you are wrong for two reasons - first - the car lost grip, and second is that it's the circuit's walls being so close which stopped Hamilton. Why should Vettel be punished because of the circuit configuration?
Think more about it.

You're really reaching to be fair.

Soldato
I'm 50-50 on it as a Ferrari fan. I think it's on the harsher side and I've definitely seen them go unpunished. Hamilton and verstappen first lap in Mexico 2016 springs to mind.

That being said I do find the Hamilton fans going on about sebs reaction a little pot kettle black, like Hamilton doesnt love a good moan or throwing his team under the bus on occasion. Hes lost a race which whether you agree with or not he felt he won it's a human reaction I'd be ****** myself personally those saying otherwise are bloody robots. Two clearly none of you watched f1 before the early 2000s this is the type of hot blooded reactions that made it entertaining. If I wanted lifeless robots I'd watch something else. If anything there are too many nice guys and party line drivers nowadays. I want fist fights and crazy antics it adds to the drama.

Caporegime
It was a harsh decision, Vettel wasn’t in control when he came back on.

No he was in control he knew exactly where Lewis was, and was making sure he came back on in front if Lewis, or at the very least, in a place he could block Lewis' pass attempt.

Seb could very easily, as he went off track, eased off and slowed down and then steered back on in a safe way.

He didn't because he didn't want Lewis getting past.

Seb's fault he went off, Seb's choice to not back off, Seb's choice to steer straight back on and onto the racing line, watch the slow mo, his steering is dead straight heading for the racing line, zero attempt to steer to the left leaving Lewis space to pass.

perfectly fair penalty.

Man of Honour
The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, have considered the following matter and determine the following:

No / Driver 5 - Sebastian Vettel

Competitor Scuderia Ferrari

Time 15:13

Session Race

Fact Car 5 left the track, re-joined unsafely and forced another car off track.

Offence
Involved in an incident as defined by Article 38.1 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.

Decision
5 second time penalty
(2 point awarded, 7 points in total for the 12 month period)

Reason
The stewards reviewed video evidence and determined that Car 5,left the track at turn 3, rejoined the track at turn 4 in an unsafe manner and forced car 44 off track. Car 44 had to take evasive action to avoid a collision.

Competitors are reminded that they have the right to appeal certain decisions of the Stewards, in accordance with Article 15 of the FIA International Sporting Code and Article 9.1.1 of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, within the applicable time limits.

Soldato
No he was in control he knew exactly where Lewis was, and was making sure he came back on in front if Lewis, or at the very least, in a place he could block Lewis' pass attempt.

Seb could very easily, as he went off track, eased off and slowed down and then steered back on in a safe way.

He didn't because he didn't want Lewis getting past.

Seb's fault he went off, Seb's choice to not back off, Seb's choice to steer straight ba k on and onto the racing line, watch the slow no, his steering is dead straight heading for the racing line, zero attempt to steer to the left leaving Lewis space to pass.

perfectly fair penalty.
so what? its called racing.

if they cant do that then its NOT racing.

Soldato
No it didn’t. That was all done after the race.

We don’t know that because it hasn’t happened. Hamilton loves a good pout if things don’t go his way

Don't get me wrong, Lewis is a moaner when things aren't going his way. This is a given. However this behaviour from Vettel is on another level isn't it? Its almost like he just snaps.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

People forget two things:

1. Vettel made a mistake because of the pressure
  2. Vettel kept his foot in (on the grass) to avoid losing time.

Everyone complaining that the car was out of control when rejoining has forgotten point #2

There’s always going to be a problem going from grass to asphalt at near racing speed :confused:

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, Lewis is a moaner when things aren't going his way. This is a given. However this behaviour from Vettel is on another level isn't it? Its almost like he just snaps.
Its definitely more than moaning but I dont see anything up with it. A bit of emotion and no one got hurt. Swapping the signs around was petty and hilarious. We all know that all the OCUK Hamilton fans would have praised it as genius if Hamilton had done it to Rosberg :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom