Separate AIO kits for beginners?

Associate
Hello,
With the warm Summers we are now getting in the UK, my gaming PC is getting warm in the evenings and VERY LOUD with its stock air fans. Especially playing Total War games (Warhammer II, Atilla, Rome II & even brilliant Empire TW).
I am considering converting my AMD Ryzen 7 (AM4) PC to be liquid cooled for the benefits of being cooler and quieter.
I have never water cooled a system before, so I am considering getting a couple of AIO Kraken kits by NZXT from this site.
Firstly I am thinking of a single fan radiator CPU cooler, to fit to the rear of the case, followed by a dual fan radiator to fit the roof of the case for my AMD RX580 GPU, using their GPU cooling bracket.
Fancy LED/OLED lighting or overclocking are not my thing, so I am not bothered with that disco stuff.
So what are your thoughts? Is this a good idea or should I stump the cash for a DIY kit instead?
Cheers.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nzxt-kraken-aio-cooler-bundle-hs-01d-nx.html for GPU?
and
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nzxt-kraken-m22-aio-water-cooling-unit-120mm-hs-01g-nx.html for CPU?

Associate
If fancy lights are not your thing, there are probably better options for AIOs than NZXT. The pump/rad on it is fine, most AIOs are the same stuff under the fancy plastic, but you have to use their NZXT CAM software to control the AIO pump, and the software is pretty god awful bloat.

I don't know what case you have, but a single fan rad will not cool your CPU particularly well.

If I was buying an AIO now I would probably go for a Corsair Hydro. But maybe someone else has a better knowledge of good AIOs at the moment.

Associate
OP
My case is a Fractal Design Define S (without the window) that is noise dampened, but just not quiet enough when the latest games get going...
It does have potential for rear or top mounted radiators. I suspect front mounted may be possible if I reduce the size of my drive bays and remove the front 120mm fan.

Last edited:
Associate
Great deals on the second hand Corsair units, although I would be tempted to go for extendable Alphacool AIO if you want the CPU and GPU on the same loop.

Means you are running two pumps, and can extend to another radiator if the cooling is not enough for both cpu and gpu on one..

Back
Top Bottom