• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
But still a bad upgrade for 1080 users who were giving Nvidia loads of grief. It takes a 2080ti just to make the upgrade 50% 25% is what a 1080 to 2080 means in 4K gaming.

There is NO WAY IN HELL Nvidia have said fair enough you guys were right we will return to the old way of giving them 50%. What Super means is either Supercharged for these RT games or maybe 15% on the current stock. Maybe this is a move to address failure rates also why refresh the line now? They are still going to be waiting for my money unless i get 2080ti performance at £600 i am not upgrading period. How can that be a good thing?

A 1080-2080 is 40-50% by itself.

A 2080Ti is what another 30% on top of that? Even more so both overclocked.

Soldato
I have a hard time believing 2080 super will actually reach 2080 ti performance for the money, but who knows.
I don't think that's even the claim being made - just that it'll use the TU102 chip, but likely with a shader count somewhere in-between the 2080 and 2080 Ti (and there's an enormous gap to work with there). Bumping the 2080 Ti Super to an entirely new chip would be weird though, if it's true, considering that there are another 256 shaders that they could just unlock and pair with faster memory instead without needing new silicon. I guess they must be aiming for a bigger performance bump than that.

Soldato
I don't think that's even the claim being made - just that it'll use the TU102 chip, but likely with a shader count somewhere in-between the 2080 and 2080 Ti (and there's an enormous gap to work with there). Bumping the 2080 Ti Super to an entirely new chip would be weird though, if it's true, considering that there are another 256 shaders that they could just unlock and pair with faster memory instead without needing new silicon. I guess they must be aiming for a bigger performance bump than that.

Yeah, I guess the performance might end up falling somewhere near a near-reference non-A chip 2080 ti. They are probably gonna use TU102 low quality chips if they do this, just like you say.

Soldato
^ I'll still be surprised if a super 2080 Ti is not launched.The Super specs :) are fine for those who have not yet bought a 20 series card, but I reckon NV will pull out a surprise top end card too. Nothing super about new mid-high level GPU's that don't reach the performance of the top end model still (non-super too) :p

Soldato
Leaked specs of the whole line up, 2060 2070 2070ti 2080 and 2080 ti - SUPER for each
2080ti Super and 2070ti a new chip , all cards completely unlocked, the 2060 super 8gb vram

Looks like AMD are in big trouble, especially at the current pricing. I can see me just going Nvidia again and I really don't want to. If AMD have an ace up their sleeve now's the time to play it.

Soldato
No interest from me. Even if it gave 30% + more performance and cheaper. 7nm is where I will be watching or even next gen console with M+KB support

Exactly

At the top end, all they can do for the 2080ti is give it the chip from the Titan RTX and the faster 16gbps memory and clock it slightly higher by throwing 50w at it.
All in all, the difference won't be massive 15-20% MAX

7nm is where the real gains will be made, 7nm is where I'm looking at to find my 4k 120hz GPU

I'm stuck at 4k 60hz for now and the 2080ti blazes everything at this framerate

Back
Top Bottom