Gaming PC, budget up to around £1500. Help please.

Associate
Hi everyone.
I'm looking at buying a new gaming PC with a budget of around £1500 but I'm lacking the knowledge to desipher through all the components successfully.
Will be for games such as Battlefield, COD, WoW etc.
Have been researching monitors and if I'm not mistaken then a 144hs 1440 is what I will purchasing so will need to run good on that.

Price needs to include everything needed apart from mouse/keyboard and monitor.

No preference on brands and I understand OC charge between £50-£100 for building it.

I know there's some new releases on 7/7 which im happy to wait for but a placeholder product until then to give me an idea would be awesome.

All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
Soldato
That's awesome thank you!
This budget doesn't need to include a monitor though, should I spend the money you included on a monitor by upgrading to a better graphics card?

Yes :) You might be able to fit an RTX 2080 in instead with that £340 depending on prices when you come to buy.

Soldato
Again, remember they are place holders for AMD counter parts.
As mentioned , go with RTX 2080 if you've got the cash and Freesync 1440p 144hz monitor that can do G-Sync like Aorus or MSI monitors .
Might even go 8 core 3800x !

Associate
OP
With regards to the 2080, there's quite a difference in prices depending on brand.
Are there any particular one's you advise for/against?
Thanks again, this is a big help.

Soldato
With regards to the 2080, there's quite a difference in prices depending on brand.
Are there any particular one's you advise for/against?
Thanks again, this is a big help.

tend to favour Gigabyte . currently their gaming IS on sale making it 3rd cheapest.

Gaming OC has a 4 yr UK RMA (after registering) and rep on here @GIGA-Man - basically their reps pretty much make them who they are in the UK - couldn't comment else were
design is 2.5 slot and should run nice and cool

BB CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £669.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

if im building for clients i go asus, due to at distribution level they charge lot less and i can make a killing in profit pmsl .

Zotac is handy , 5 r warranty. though not sure if full 5 yrs is cover in UK or just the 3 and other 2 is HK .
EVGA has nice second hand warranty on their units that you can transfer - but did get a lot tougher on this in the US with mining .

Associate
OP
I definitely feel more confident now in making the right choices.
Just didn't want to spend that amount of money and mess it up!

Thank you so much!

Soldato
I definitely feel more confident now in making the right choices.
Just didn't want to spend that amount of money and mess it up!

Thank you so much!

no worries, ryzen 6 core 3600x on paper looks to be a stunning cheap beast! and really allow for RTX 2080! got the funds then push 3800x for longevity

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-16-core-cpu-benchmark-leak-crushes-intel-core-i9-9980xe/

entry aorus board , 12+2 phases looking to be £180 ( z390 elite £155-60 + 15% due to costs of PCIe 4.0 tech)

D4AQPgp.jpg

hoping 10+2 Gigabyte Gaming X is £145 ( z390 Gaming X £126 + 15%)

X570-GAMING-X-Rev10-875x1024.png

@Plec seem gigabyte have on purpose placed chipset fan as low as can be (more so on entry boards)- counter to ASUS so not to draw in as much hot air from open fan GPUs -

Associate
Yeah, board prices for X570 will be more than previous generations and it's direct competition due to the PCIe Gen 4 tech needed... However, that being said, based on 3000 series CPU's price info online, the total package for CPU and Motherboard should be very competitive.

Associate
OP
Just looking through some pre builds and noticed a couple of things missing from the list you gave me.
With the components you listed, do I also need a CPU Cooler and Mechanical hard drive?
Really sorry if that's a stupid question!

Soldato
Just looking through some pre builds and noticed a couple of things missing from the list you gave me.
With the components you listed, do I also need a CPU Cooler and Mechanical hard drive?
Really sorry if that's a stupid question!

Went with a large NVMe as was cheap , but yes. HDD is nice for photos and such. But can always be added later if budget can't squeeze it in.
Like wise with cooler. Stock ryZen isn't bad, can be improved in for £30

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpenfohn-brocken-eco-advanced-cpu-cooler-120-mm-hs-05j-al.html

Soldato
@Plec seem gigabyte have on purpose placed chipset fan as low as can be (more so on entry boards)- counter to ASUS so not to draw in as much hot air from open fan GPUs -
Seems the best design approach - i intend on having a 2/3 front 140mm intakes for the first time with these boards to reduce any need for the little bugger to kick in.

Not that my setup should wake it up as i can't see myself getting an NVMe drive until the PCIe 4 versions have proved themselves let alone RAID.

Soldato
@Plec aye, think waiting till controller reaches its full speed, like Samsung has finally done with PCIe 3.0 bandwidth .

Then, in theory should see the gains of going From HDD to SSD moved over from Sata 3 SSD to NVMe 4.0 and making more of a difference In games !

That or now it's easier to run 32GB in AM4 systems for ram disk .

Back
Top Bottom