Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
I've been sailing on her for the last 5 years or so and recently had the opportunity to take a share in her.

This was back in May coming into Weymouth

And a snap from Saint Quay in Brittany last week, one of the stops in a trip down from Guernsey to Paimpol

Soldato
Continuing the maritime theme.

Looks like I'll be having a Becks evening very soon.

dbdc.jpg

Soldato
They seem to bounce around the £40 mark, I paid £45 tho as I wanted them the next day lol.

How do these do 10G over Cat5e? Cat6 can only do 10G officially up to around 30M off the top of my head
There's a couple of tricks to:

1:As per the 10G standard cables that meet the Cat6 spec will do 10G up to 55m whereas cables meeting the Cat6a spec and above will do it to 100m, but there is no official data for cat5e as it's not officially supported by the 10G standard. This is why 5G and 2.5G came about, to guarantee improved speeds over Cat5e (the worlds most common ethernet cable type). However even though Cat5e isn't included to any degree by the 10G spec you will find that any Cat5e cable will do 10G to a certain length, and some manufacturers have even given out data on the lengths their cable will handle, I.E in the case of the Molex PowerCat 5e cables in the chimneys of my house (Damn straight, if the Victorians are gonna put brick conduits to every room I'm gonna use it for networking :p) Molex rate it as capable of 10G up to 45m.

2: With that in mind, the second trick is the SFP+ modules, basically the MikroTik S+R10 modules will work as normal when you plug one into an SFP+device and use it to connect over Ethernet to another Ethernet device. However (there it is again:p) if there is a MiroTik S+R10 on each end of the Ethernet cable then they are capable or seeing each other in which case they basically say "hey bud, lets go all out as we know we can hang with each other" at which point they do out of spec stuff for the communications between themselves resulting in longer supported cable lengths.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like a Yaxell Ran knife?

Unfortunately not, it is pro cook. I've been very impressed by the other bits I have had from them in the past so thought I'd give a knife a try. Not amazing steel but still good enough, X50CrMoV15. It's a cleaver so not going to see heavy use but as long as the edge is up for the job I'll be happy with it.

Soldato
A few recents.

A sideboard to replace a slightly larger old unit we had in the hallway. This has been undercoated by Mrs Tealc. It will end up being a darker grey.

Then some 24" clamps. I've a few wood working projects I'd like to get into and only have one or two clamps so these will come in handy.

Then some scraps of wood from B&Q, mine for the price of a charitable donation.

ayapgw.jpg

Soldato
Sold my 5Dmk3 and a few L lenses and while I don't miss the weight or the workflow, not to mention the expense, I've been wanting a half decent camera to replace it all for some time. With the recent price drops on the Olympus E-M10 Mark II with two lenses I couldn't resist.

Looking forward to using it.

I did the same, lugging around an old D7100 and 5 lenses did my crust in, flogged it all to MPB and bought this (G80) with a big wedge to spare for when I find a walkabout lens for it.
0YftpMH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom