Huawei: Yay or nay?

Caporegime
As a brand in general I mean, hence GD.

I know they had / are having issues with our mighty overlord Google, and the yanks are spitting dummies out over it, so is it worth buying?

I need to buy my bro-in-law some gifts and am looking at smart watches and tablets, these seem decent value, but will it lose support? will an american come and shoot him for using one?

He lives in Saffrica, if that bears any relevance.

Soldato
`huawei p10 owner here love mine to bits,

but with all the drama and worry about lack of updates i'm looking to go back to an iphone

Soldato
I wouldnt be buying a huawei device in the current climate

They have lost a fortune in market share because of the American situation and who knows if you will receive updates any time soon.

Soldato
What's going on is unlikely to effect consumer devices. What governments are worried about is them building in backdoors to core infrastructure devices like switches. All Huawei (and Lenovo) equipment used by the MOD etc was ripped out ages ago on command from GCHQ.

Though a Chinese man might be reading your dirty text messages!

Last edited:
Caporegime
What's going on is unlikely to effect consumer devices. What governments are worried about is them building in backdoors to core infrastructure devices like switches. All Huawei (and Lenovo) equipment used by the MOD etc was ripped out ages ago on command from GCHQ.

Though a Chinese man might be reading your dirty text messages!

A Chinese man is reading your messages, although they won’t care if it’s dirty, they only care if it’s to do with the party.

Soldato
I have a P20 Pro. As a phone it's great. And I'm not hiding any state secrets etc. I wouldn't get one now though as a new phone in case security updates aren't pushed out, that would be my biggest concern I think.

Back
Top Bottom