New to PC and ordering Friday Advice PLZ

Associate
Hi, im ordering a Pc on friday and need some advice. I have added the link to the build i was thinking of. If anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know.

Budget 1200

Will be running ARPGs diable ect. fortnite. And maybe some newer more demanding games.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-tech-labs-amd-ryzen-midi-tower-gaming-pc-configurator-fs-1aj-og.html#p=RgO2wu*RgP2W;URgS2-*-Rhe1w),Rhi1w)4Rhj31/*Rhl1w;8SEH1z?'TBC1WZ-TDL1Z*yTDN1Z*UTGN1ZVxTHf1#0/TPF1#z+baGi22*WbaGG35(ybaGH22.@bidi2W5Ubidj2$_!bDTn35u1bGRK3,X;bGSd3,U@bHqg3+/VbHsr3+XWbHss3+Y;

Man of Honour
just wait for a few more days for ryzen 3000...and also possibly intel price drops if you are so inclined.
also, new range of gpus being released by nvidia and amd in a couple of weeks.

in short...not a good time to buy right now...in a few weeks you get more bang for your buck, or better outright performance...

Soldato
Agree with the above comments, may as well wait a bit longer and see what happens.

Would change the PSU to something like the Seasonic Focus 550W whenever you do decide to order though.

Soldato
Besides PSU being completely substandard cheapo for the price, also motherboard is in pretty much garbage level in that pre-built.
(very bad CPU VRM for the price)

Soldato
Thank you. Like i say its my first pc. I did not think the cpu was that important but i will get a beter one for sure
Wise - post back after the 7th, we're all be here to confuse you some more.

/off topic
@Plec going to get Journey's legendary quote above printed out in kids sizes to hand to my kids and make them wear it !
You may need one Dad sized, come July 7th, if the Gigabyte x570s ITX price grabs you by the short-and-curlies and the 3000 series being in possible etailor price flux (wonder how reactive AMD will be to INTEL drops - unless predicted into current pricing?).

My kids are the opposite - they're going to bankrupt me by the time they withdraw their savings due to the misjudged saving incentive i devised. :/

Basically, if they save money for more than a year i double the amount deposited that year - this was to encourage them to save for things rather than spend. I also add 20% to their pocket money if they don't spend any that month (they used to have to work out the math to get it). Seemed harmless enough, and started off great...

Trouble is, the little buggers love watching their yearly deposit double - and are now OCD about keeping the funds in the account. This doubling method 'reeeally' pinches when Grandparents make one off generous gifts too. I'm sure there's some sadistic payback going on here...

The grand plan was that they could get a decent/safe first car (years away) and get the satisfaction that they saved/worked for it but with us paying half without them feeling that we did - or whatever it took to get a safe one). But, at this rate they'll be driving a new Benz off the forecourt, with money left over for the premium service package (an exaggeration - but Christ they like to hoard).

Ho-Hum - that and their college fund should ensure that we're penniless by the time they graduate. Who wants to retire early anyway...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom