• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sunday 7/7

Associate
Ive waited this long not getting excited but now I cant wait for this day. I am buying a ocuk full system bundle but still dont no what the best to get in the different versions of the new CPU and card and not to mention MOBO ram etc. hehe. Will £2000 £2500 MAX get me near top of range including decent SSD size. Aiming for 4k 60FPS.

Caporegime
Ive waited this long not getting excited but now I cant wait for this day. I am buying a ocuk full system bundle but still dont no what the best to get in the different versions of the new CPU and card and not to mention MOBO ram etc. hehe. Will £2000 £2500 MAX get me near top of range including decent SSD size. Aiming for 4k 60FPS.
Well top of the range cpu and mobo will cost a grand and then another grand if you want a 2080Ti. That doesn’t leave much for the rest of the system.

Soldato
OCUK built system you will possibly struggle at 2500 for a max build. You could absolutely build a kick ass system based on the top tier Ryzen and 2080ti, but some of the motherboards right at the tippy top in X570 are a bit pricey, likewise, if you want to go extreme on memory speeds or on nVME storage.

We don't know for sure what the release prices are going to be for the chips or boards through OCUK yet either so it is a bit pointless trying to put a basket together.

I don't know if pcie 4.0 storage is already out yet? Or being released at the same time?

-EDIT- also to be fair a 2080 or Vega 7 are now enough to push 60FPS at 4k... just not with RTS on, and even the 2080ti can't do that in all titles.
You could build an immense system based on Crossfire 5700XT or whatever they are going to be called. Also the Nvidia Ultra or Max or whatever is going to have a higher spec 2080 which you should probably consider.

Last edited:
Soldato
My PC is insured for £3000 on my home insurance. That way should anything happen I can replace it with a top end system.
It used to be £2500 but Nvidias funny business of late forced me to put the value up.

Associate
Are you guys actually planning to drive all the way to OCUK on the 7th?? I guess that is an option if they open and people live near by, I have to drive a little over 1hr lol

Associate
Are you guys actually planning to drive all the way to OCUK on the 7th?? I guess that is an option if they open and people live near by, I have to drive a little over 1hr lol

Its just under 2 hours for me. I would be very tempted to make the trip on the 7th to pick if they decide to open. If not might take the morning off work on the Monday. Dont want to wait until Tuesday evening to receive it in the post lol. Well that is depending on if they are competitive pricing wise with others

Associate
Wait for reviews!
Any of the Ryzen 3000 CPUs is better than my 7700K in Single core, let alone Multi since they are all 6 cores or more. There is not much to think about to be honest. Those CPUs will probably work out great out of the box, unlike my 7700K which I had to delid to bring the temps down.

Associate
The release should be like computer games, You pre-order. Supplier ships to you the day before release or a couple of days so you get it on release date. So shipped 5th of July, Delivery 6th (saturday) or 8th(Monday) To release a product on a Sunday is just stupid in itself lol.

I would not be surprised if this does in fact happen with a couple of the lesser known companies. Lets be honest most likely they will have plenty of stock in on Friday 5th ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom