Ford Transit LWB + Mercedes sprinter LWB Side Cameras

Soldato
Hey everyone looking for a bit of help :)

I work as a FLT driver and one of the drivers who comes and does collections from me keeps having other flt drivers crashing into the side of his vans ( plural as he has one employee working for him too ) and then proceeding to deny all responsibility saying they never touched it ect ect. They seem to hit it at least twice a week without a care in the world even after he spent good money having it all fixed up last week a driver has gone straight into it with the forks tilted way to far back and smashed the heels into it and put a huge dent in it. ( will get a picture tomorrow )

Understandably hes upset and along with other things going on in his life it's starting to wear him down. I've known him for a while and he has helped me out in the past so i want to try and hook his van up with a camera that will record to an sd card or hdd so the footage can be pulled off and presented as evidence of the collisions and subsequent damage.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Soldato
OP
Does the yard not have CCTV? I appreciate you wanting to help but surely the company has a procedure for things like this?

From what he told me about their cctv is that it doesn't cover the loading area only the staff parking area. The company has just outright sided with their driver and essentially told him to drop it despite it being probably a bill in the hundred of £ again.

Caporegime
What the hell is wrong with the FLT drivers?

We’ve got about 10 FLT’s flying around our yard loading and unloading trucks & vans around the clock yet I can’t recall the last time any damage was done ,to a van especially, yet your saying this is almost a daily occurrence?

Sounds to me like the yard isn’t well managed and more to the point has no follow up procedures for any reported incidents.

If there was something serious God forbid, the HSE would tear them a new one!

As for the cameras I’ve seen a few sprinters with rear view cameras mounted in the mirrors.

Soldato
OP
What the hell is wrong with the FLT drivers?

We’ve got about 10 FLT’s flying around our yard loading and unloading trucks & vans around the clock yet I can’t recall the last time any damage was done ,to a van especially, yet your saying this is almost a daily occurrence?

Sounds to me like the yard isn’t well managed and more to the point has no follow up procedures for any reported incidents.

If there was something serious God forbid, the HSE would tear them a new one!

As for the cameras I’ve seen a few sprinters with rear view cameras mounted in the mirrors.

Yeah what i have mentioned is that when these cameras are set up and the act is caught then the first thing to do is request their rtitb information as i have an gut feeling some of these people may not actually be licenced operators who the companies are for some reason still getting them to offload goods.

here as promised is a picture of the damage done the other day

FnNZQqm.jpg

the image really doesn't do it justice for size, it's also bent the entire bar down so he either needs someone to properly bend it back or replace the whole bar (it's the one beneath the side door)

Anyway at the moment i am looking at one of these DVR boxes

along with one or more of these cameras

Will have to look at how to wire it up to the van though as i have little understanding of vehicle wiring looms and how / what you can do with them.

Back
Top Bottom