Thermomix -anyone got one?

Associate
I've been wanting one for a while to take over from 3 gadgets we have that do the same stuff but separately.

Has anyone here got one?

If so, opinions please.

Associate
I've got one of the older models I got off Ebay for about £400. Used them throughout my career when I was a chef. For me they're the best blender/food processor you can buy and that's without the extra features.

Also makes making mayonnaise and hollandaise an absolute breeze.

Soldato
A freind of ours has one and they use it constantly. We've borrowed it when they were away and it certainly was a very handy piece of kitchen kit, but personally I wouldn't spend £1000 on one.

Soldato
My Ex had one, what it did it did well, but it is in no way worth the money; t's a gimmick as far as I'm concerned. I believe they are quite popular on the continent but 'One pot' sounds great but it's just a pain when everything gets in, out cleaning it every time you blend something else. Just get a good blender, mixer and use your oven. Take the remaining £700 and go on holiday

- GP

Caporegime
My wife has one and loves it. Personally I don't really see the point but it is fantastic for those that don;t like to cook, know how top cook, or are too pressured for time.

As with most things the quality of the food will depend on ingredients and the recipe. You get those sorted and you can generate world class food. In particular my wife makes fantastic curries from scratch, first heating the whole spices before grinding them etc.

On the cost side a decent food processor is not far of that. Our Kitchen Aid is about 400 quid for example, our spice grinder nearly 50. You then have a cooker with high precision temperature control.

The downsides for me are that you don;t really fry anything, e.g. chopped onions slowly saute but due to the shape get steamed a little.

Back
Top Bottom