Uplay - Your account has been accessed from another location

Soldato
For info

Just seen this error when trying to log into Uplay after entering secure authentication.

Checked my account and its fine just about to report to Customer Support then saw this page

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/News/...d-from-another-location---error-message-EN-GB

qpidtz.jpg

Man of Honour
I'm getting the same thing (and using 2FA).

EDIT: Looks like it is some kind of problem due to the maintenance downtime today.

Soldato
I just tried as well. Tried twice to log into uPlay client and got the above message too. Logging into ubisoft and checking my account it actually says I had 2 success full logging just before logging into the account through browser. And as Rroff said, might be due to the maintenance they had today, there is several thread at ubisoft forums about it. Some got into the client after several tries.

Was just checking due to curiosity after seeing varkanoid's post about it, be trying tomorrow again to see if it been fixed.

Associate
I found a fix to this Uplay for PC.

1. when the Uplay sign in prompt shows up click the settings button at the bottom.

2. select "Always start Uplay in offline mode"

3. Click back

4. When the sign in prompt shows up sign in and Uplay should launch in offline mode.

5. From here you can try going back to online mode from the drop menu in the upper
right hand corner by your username and you should be able to get back to online
mode without any issues if not you may need to repeat steps 1 - 4 and just play the
games in offline mode.

Soldato
WTF - "Please note that this is a visual error caused by a degradation." so it's not really that their servers are ****** it's just some kind of optical illusion :confused:

Soldato
OP
WTF - "Please note that this is a visual error caused by a degradation." so it's not really that their servers are ****** it's just some kind of optical illusion :confused:

No the servers are screwed thats why it thinks you've logged on somewhere else probably because the DB that holds the IP logins is not working properly due to the update. Hence its a mirage.

Permabanned
Best fix uninstall uplay and boycott that terrible company look up the time they let me get brute force hacked and denied it. I found out myself who hacked me, From where and what damage they did.

Ubisoft still denied any hack even after i found screenshots of my account with all the details changed. Look at the trash job on For Honor etc UPLAY is complete garbage like Ubisoft and there are no good games on the platform either R6 is also poorly optimized trash.

Associate
Yeah happening to me to. But as suggested logged in a couple of times and I'm in

Another question is pcgamer has ubisoft listed as having a sale of which when you gain access into the American store prices are reduced.

Yet on the ubisoft log in software and on there site both obviously UK. No sale listed. Anybody know why?

Back
Top Bottom