Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Im currently just on the 100 plan, but ive been regularly getting download speeds of 110-120. sometimes even downloading at 13mbps.

Could I be receiving some sort of boost as well?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

No it is generally faster than the headline figure. (Unless you live in a bad area)

No I know that already. What I meant was that there were people above talking about getting boosts in their speeds, and I was wondering if I could possibly getting boosts as well? Or does it only apply to 200 and 350 members

Permabanned
No I know that already. What I meant was that there were people above talking about getting boosts in their speeds, and I was wondering if I could possibly getting boosts as well? Or does it only apply to 200 and 350 members

Ah, the boosts were to the upload speed. What was the 100 meg on before? Was it 6mb up?

Reboot your superhub and do a speed test. :) Might be only for the higher packages though.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Ah, the boosts were to the upload speed. What was the 100 meg on before? Was it 6mb up?

Reboot your superhub and do a speed test. :) Might be only for the higher packages though.

Ahh I see no problem! Yeah I ran some speed tests a few weeks ago when my internet was being slow and the upload was always roughly 6mb. Dont think that's improving any time soon :p

May have to reboot and check it out. Also, for some reason I cant access the router IP unless my vpn is open??? Do you have any suggestions for that? As in, everything works perfectly fine but I just cant access the router anymore unless my vpn is connected?

50Mbps (down) subscribers being given an upload boost from 3Mbps to 5Mbps and 100Mbps (down) subscribers going from 6Mbps to 10Mbps.

Not sure when they will be upgraded though.

Ah perfect, good to hear!

Also I have an issue..

I have restarted my router a few times now, yet my IP address remains the same? I thought it was a dynamic IP that'll change itself when the router is restarted, however several restarts later it seems to be stuck on the same IP. Any ideas why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

You need to leave your router turned off for at least 30 minutes.

Seriously?

I used to do it before a few times and it was always a few minutes (sub 3 mins) and never had this issue before? But i will give this a go once I get back home later

Man of Honour
Seriously?

I used to do it before a few times and it was always a few minutes (sub 3 mins) and never had this issue before? But i will give this a go once I get back home later
No you don't need to leave it off for 30 mins. It grabs the config file when it boots up so if its not on your account or area yet, it won't update it.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

No you don't need to leave it off for 30 mins. It grabs the config file when it boots up so if its not on your account or area yet, it won't update it.

But it was working all this time? As in the past year or so, just recently it has stopped. Any idea how to get the config file?

Soldato
Getting a nice 37mbps upload now that they have boosted the speeds which is great. Sadly the phone line has become a static mess, hopefully just a coincidence as don't want to lose the new speed.

Associate
I am currently on the old Gamer 200Mbps/20Mbps service as I wanted to avoid the SH3 issues by staying with the SH2 AC. However I am tempted by the new 350 and 500Mbps options especially for the 35Mbps upload and those services means an SH3.

So what's the view, is the SH3 with its work around (not fix) for the PUMA chipset issues? Is it that much worse than my SH2 which its lesser older PUMA chipset issues?

WiFi isn't an issue as I have a large stack of Ubiquiti kit sitting behind the superhub so its in modem mode.

Permabanned
I am currently on the old Gamer 200Mbps/20Mbps service as I wanted to avoid the SH3 issues by staying with the SH2 AC. However I am tempted by the new 350 and 500Mbps options especially for the 35Mbps upload and those services means an SH3.

So what's the view, is the SH3 with its work around (not fix) for the PUMA chipset issues? Is it that much worse than my SH2 which its lesser older PUMA chipset issues?

WiFi isn't an issue as I have a large stack of Ubiquiti kit sitting behind the superhub so its in modem mode.

Have not noticed any Puma chipset issues with my SH3 (in modem mode) since the relevant firmware update.

Typical day.

dFKzFDT.png

Associate

Same as the post above, no issues with SH3 after firmware update.

Back
Top Bottom