What a bell end - caution Daily Mail link

Associate
You would be correct. The car was loaned to a friend of the owner for the show (this was exiting said show).

It was pure stupidity given that there were still families leaving on foot.

Eep, wouldn't like to be that friend, or former friend, right now. Hopefully it was insured fully else he might be living on tinned peas for a while.

Man of Honour
It’s easy to call the guy a bick but I’ve been to many car meets (including OcUK ones) where the attendees gave it the beans on the way out onto the road. Most of the time it is fine but this incident shows what could happen. Lucky there wasn’t anyone walking on that footpath otherwise they’d be maimed or dead.

Maybe it’s best to take this guys misfortune as a lesson?

I still think he is a a device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function. But I’m old and boring and prefer to make progress in a manner that is legal.

Caporegime
Poor reporting as usual. It wasn't his car, he borrowed it from a friend. I bet that friendship will be a little... Strained... Now.

Looks and sounds like an idiot as well!

Man of Honour
where the attendees gave it the beans on the way out onto the road

I've never done this!

1: Never rev the engine whilst you're stopped, because that's what chavs do.
2: Never try to power slide when leaving a car meet, because it's distasteful :p

Just drive tastefully and enjoy the motor at all other times :D

Associate
It's absolutely no excuse but all those filming were only doing so because half the people leaving shows in powerful cars put on a display like that for the spectators.It's been going on for as long as cars have been able to lay rubber.
There used to be a meet for customs at a pub in Lichfield that was on a roundabout,pretty much everyone did a burn out when they left and that was 25 years ago so it's nothing new and the only way to stop it is to have a police presence

Man of Honour
Not the first and won't be the last doing that with this kind of car - first time I drove anything like this (too soon after learning to drive as well) I had no idea how to finesse the accelerator when pulling away!

Back
Top Bottom