• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sunday 7/7

Associate
The release should be like computer games, You pre-order. Supplier ships to you the day before release or a couple of days so you get it on release date. So shipped 5th of July, Delivery 6th (saturday) or 8th(Monday) To release a product on a Sunday is just stupid in itself lol.

I would not be surprised if this does in fact happen with a couple of the lesser known companies. Lets be honest most likely they will have plenty of stock in on Friday 5th ready to go.
They said they will not be doing pre-orders though :/

Soldato
Ive waited this long not getting excited but now I cant wait for this day. I am buying a ocuk full system bundle but still dont no what the best to get in the different versions of the new CPU and card and not to mention MOBO ram etc. hehe. Will £2000 £2500 MAX get me near top of range including decent SSD size. Aiming for 4k 60FPS.

£750 for xtreme - maybe a little more ...

settle for Elite £200 and 8 core 3700x and should have enough for 2080ti

Soldato
Any of the Ryzen 3000 CPUs is better than my 7700K in Single core, let alone Multi since they are all 6 cores or more. There is not much to think about to be honest. Those CPUs will probably work out great out of the box, unlike my 7700K which I had to delid to bring the temps down.
Yep, you're one of those for which it is really a no brainer and reviews will probably only confirm what you already know. For others with newer CPU's then it's probably best to wait and see exactly what kind of margins we're talking about.

Associate
Yep, you're one of those for which it is really a no brainer and reviews will probably only confirm what you already know. For others with newer CPU's then it's probably best to wait and see exactly what kind of margins we're talking about.
Yes, for someone with newer CPUs like the 8700K for example, it will be a tougher choice unless you need the cores or just have the extra money.

Associate
If Zen2 was going to double fps in games or massively increase Windows/App performance, I could understand some of the impatience surrounding the launch.

Zen2 is not a game changer as far as most people's computing experience is concerned. It is a bit of a game changer for those who are looking to maximise bang per buck though.

I might upgrade my R5 1600 after the launch and when I've read some reviews. Having said that, it'll be more of a upgrade itch scratch than a much needed purchase.

Caporegime
well prices may stay high for a while 8pack in the other thread was saying stock was low or vendors struggling to get chips for boards. maybe this is why there is no pre order as there is so few of them . this would mean the few about will be high priced and probably sell.

Caporegime
If Zen2 was going to double fps in games or massively increase Windows/App performance, I could understand some of the impatience surrounding the launch.

Zen2 is not a game changer as far as most people's computing experience is concerned. It is a bit of a game changer for those who are looking to maximise bang per buck though.

I might upgrade my R5 1600 after the launch and when I've read some reviews. Having said that, it'll be more of a upgrade itch scratch than a much needed purchase.
Mate, I’m on a 2500k. It’s a game changer for me.

Soldato
Is it even a thing in the UK? Not been a **** like.
If you ask 10 people in the UK what happened on 7/7 How many do you think will know?.

Good point. Its burned into my head though as my dad could have been on that Kings Cross train easily and its the day things turned 'real' for me as a young brown kid. For years i felt all eyes were on me in public and i'm not even Muslim lol. Took me years to get on with it..

Back
Top Bottom