LG B7V - managing with Harmony

Soldato
Hi guys,

I have an LG B7V with a Yamaha YSP 2700, an Amazon Fire, a Chromecast, Virgin Media and a Harmony Remote which manages it all.

The Chromecast is the only device which connects directly to the TV because I need to power it via the USB on the TV.

Issue: The TV won't ouput the sound from Chromecast to the soundbar. It says Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC) but the Soundbar (on TV input) isn't outputting anything.

I had to disable HDMI Control (CEC) on all of the devices as they auto switch but I want to use Harmony to control it.

Last edited:
Soldato
This was an issue with my setup unfortunately there is no way around it the TVs ARC output is disabled when CEC is off but luckily my AV receiver has a setting that ignores CEC (can't remember what it was though) the only way you can get around it is to use the optical output and loose ARC

Associate
Very similar setup with LG EF9500, YSP-2500, V6 virgin box and harmony plus echo running things.

I know I also ended up running optical back to the soundbar to sort out some audio problems - can't 100% recall the issue but wouldn't surprise me if it was the sound from apps running on the TV.

Back
Top Bottom