Litrilly

Man of Honour
Dear Miriam,

I have been just like litrilly watching Love Island because my wife is obsessed with it. I can’t help but notice the excessive use of the term “litrilly”, meaning literally. However it is evident from their conversations that the word they should be using is “figuratively”.

I cannot explain why, but the prevalence of this term makes me want to, like litrilly, choke to death on my own vomit.

Will it be an example of one of those evolutions that becomes so prevalent that it ends up in the Oxford English Dictionary?

Please advise on the best course of action that I can take to prevent my own premature death.

Faithfully,

Caporegime
I've never watched that program but have heard about the use of that term too and agree with your sentiments, there isn't much you can do, unfortunately you're going to have to just suck it up and accept the use of language in that manner while watching high quality TV shows.

Soldato
I've never watched that program but have heard about the use of that term too and agree with your sentiments, there isn't much you can do, unfortunately you're going to have to just suck it up and accept the use of language in that manner while watching high quality TV shows.
It is what it is. ;)

Trust you to reply within the first five comments. :D

Back
Top Bottom